Praescient Analytics focuses on combining advanced analytics technologies and methodologies together in order to empower national intelligence and state/local law enforcement communities and their missions. We are implementing an innovative Records Management System (RMS), built by our amazing partner Mark43, as a tool upon which our first responders rely. Our users are diverse, and we are therefore committed to embracing diversity of thought and experience within our team.
We are looking for an ETL Developer to work remotely and join our team in direct support of Police Departments (PD). You have to be passionate about implementing the next generation of law enforcement technologies as you will work directly with the client to assist with the roll-out of this system, and help drive passionate user adoption throughout the force by facilitating elegant, functional ETL scripts. This role requires a sharp attention to detail, strong organizational skills, an interest in working directly with law enforcement users.
You will be responsible for designing, developing, and executing data migrations for Mark43's clients. You will work closely with our Implementation and Product Teams to set goals, build roadmaps, and prioritize work in order to deliver solutions that help law enforcement officers accomplish their missions. Every department has different needs, so our ETL Developers will strategically plan how to best execute data migrations for a successful deployment. Current members of this team have varied work experience including building data solutions, developing software, and working at enterprise SaaS companies. You are our advocates off-site, every day, helping the Police Department across their diverse and vital mission sets get and use the data they need.
ETL Developer #2 (Data Conversion):
ETL convert to SQL, use of ETL tools, RMS exposure. Most important to this role is that you have a SQL background, and understand how to do ETL conversations into SQL - so imagine the first teammate as Oracle smart, this one is SQL smart - and you work together to ensure the information coming out of Oracle, comes into SQL correctly. Additionally, this ETL Developer should have knowledge of Records Management Systems (RMS), as you will be responsible for mapping, ETL development, and validation
What you can expect to work on
- Working remote with a team of dedicated ETL engineers from Praescient's side of house, and a team of agile software developers from Mark43's team – together we make the engine hum!
- Performing mid to large-scale data migrations from clients' legacy systems into Mark43's current RMS based on client specifications and project goals
- Creating/modifying and analyzing database ETL scripts
- Participating in technical design & requirements gathering meetings with client IT departments
- Tackling interesting and challenging datasets to wrangle them into submission – from 911 calls to CCTV threads to cell phone locational data
- Working towards a worthwhile mission with a team of friendly and intelligent coworkers
What we expect from you
- 5-10 years of experience working in a technology role
- Experience working with Public Safety Data Systems highly preferred
- Experience with scripting languages
- Comprehensive understanding of ETL
- Deep knowledge & understanding of database design, setup, and maintenance; strong experience with SQL
- Strong communication skills both written and oral and the ability to wear many hats
- Ownership over your own work and a commitment to every part of a task, from big picture to small details
- Comfort working autonomously and collaborating with a remote team
- Coming to work with an open mind and leaving your ego at the door
- Being self-motivated, passionate, and excited to own integrations from end to end, owning business goals and results
- An attitude that is humble, detail oriented, and committed to quality
What you can expect from us
- Constant collaboration with the teams, including Technical Services, Engineering, Client Solutions, and Product
- A team that respects and embraces your ideas and expertise
- Coworkers that are motivated by pursuing excellence, rather than the prospect of personal gain
- A workplace dedicated to supporting and bettering public safety and government agencies
Praescient offers a very competitive compensation package which includes (but not limited to)
- Fully paid healthcare for all individual employees (includes both Premiums and Deductibles)
- 401k plan with a 4% dollar for dollar match – vested 1 month after hire
- 25 days of Paid Leave – includes all 10 federal holidays
- 10 additional days of Paid Leave for those in the Reserves or Guard
- Annual Merit Increases
- Annual Profit Sharing
- Spot Bonuses
- Tuition Reimbursements
Praescient Analytics is committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all Employees and applicants without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity, national origin, legally protected physical or mental disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or status in the uniformed services of the United States, status as a disabled veteran or veteran of the Vietnam era, or on any other basis which is protected under applicable law. This includes a commitment to provide a work environment that is free from all forms of illegal harassment including sexual harassment.