Business Intelligence Analyst 3 - 358025
Nordstrom is a fashion specialty retailer founded on a simple idea: offer each customer the best possible service, quality, value and selection. Providing great customer service goes beyond the selling floor. It takes a team of individuals with different talents and skills to continuously improve service and our results.
Our Corporate Analytics team works in partnership with various areas of the Company to develop insights, algorithms, and data products. When you join our team, you are welcomed into a family dedicated to creating memorable and rewarding shopping experiences for our customers.
As an integral part of the Corporate Analytics team, the Data Analyst is responsible for collecting, analyzing, and presenting data to improve decision making around customer experience projects at Nordstrom. This individual should have a high degree of curiosity about the business and the skills to discover impactful insights from data and communicate those insights in a way that builds confidence and enables decisions that drive business value.
A day in the life…
Partner with business stakeholders toward delivering highly effective self-service BI solutions.
You have this if you have…
- Partner with the BI Manager and Center of Excellence leaders on building a best-in-class suite of tools and reporting mechanisms to bring the most salient, insightful data more directly into key business functions.
- Respond to fast-turn BI analytic requests from a wide variety of business partners and demonstrate consistently high analytic and reporting output productivity.
- Collaborate with other BI Analysts and Stakeholders to develop data/table structures in cloud-based data stores, optimizing for Tableau Dashboards and other self-service resources.
- Contribute to the development and evolution of our data warehouse and BI analytic platform.
- Communicate results clearly and efficiently to our business partners
- Maintain efficient QA processes to ensure the accuracy and quality of data.
- Provide exceptional customer service through professionalism, ownership and initiative.
- 3+ years of corporate experience writing advanced SQL (Teradata, MySQL preferred), performance tuning of BI queries, developing automated data reporting and customer profiling analytics
- 3+ years of corporate experience building Tableau dashboards
- 2+ years of scripting for automation (Python, Perl, Ruby, etc.)
- Ability to manage multiple and complex data analysis and reporting requests leveraging a variety of data sources including Teradata, Redshift, Oracle, etc.
- Experience leveraging AWS for both data warehousing and query/process automation.
- Outstanding ability to clearly communicate data, context, and implications to business and technology partners.
: 09/07/2018, 10:39:48 PM
: United States-Washington-Seattle