The software architect position requires excellent technical and analytical skills, as well as the ability to work creatively with customers to provide innovative solutions to complex business problems. This is a hands on position (majority of time will be spent coding) in a highly collaborative environment. Our goal is to develop and maintain set of frameworks, tools, and practices that result in high quality software solutions.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Work with Product Owners and the Chief Architect to execute application roadmaps.
- Work with internal and external customers to understand business processes and help design solutions.
- Lead the execution of large development projects, and communicate effectively with all stakeholders.
- Analyze and solve complex problems considering technical, time, maintainability and resource availability constraints, and effectively communicate this analysis to all members of the team.
- Provide supervision to others for the execution of complex tasks and assignments. Ensure software being developed is consistent with initial designs and requirements.
- Provide technical leadership and mentoring of other team members; lead code reviews.
- Ensure that the architecture and designs are easily understood by various members of the team, and have enough documentation to support its adoption (especially with less experienced developers).
- Maintain the balance between existing applications having enough "architectural runway" to support maintenance and utilizing new technologies to enable future development. Design for scalability and performance, targeting current and future SLAs. Ensure security, maintainability and TCO are considered in design decisions. Evaluate and make recommendations regarding tools, frameworks, and software.
Qualifications and Skills
- 10+ years experience in Java EE SQL and database design - Experience designing and building secure public web sites.
- Experience building and designing modular applications.
- Experience with OSGi is a plus.
- Experience with architecting, designing, and implementing private cloud solutions is a plus. Experience with DevOps processes and technologies is a plus.
- $130,000/year (Base Salary)
- 15-18% Bonus
- Medical/Insurance Benefits
- 401K Plan
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Salary: $120,000.00 to $130,000.00 /year