Hilton Garden Inn BWI has an exciting opportunity for a skilled F&B employee looking to take the next step in their career. Please apply in person at 1516 Aero Dr Linthicum MD for this opportunity. We look forward to hearing from you! The purpose of a restaurant supervisor is to monitor staff performance to ensure guest satisfaction through delivery of prompt, courteous service in accordance with brand standards while maintaining safe and profitable operations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Performs shift opening and closing duties in accordance with manager's checklist.
* Initiates guest interaction through seeking and soliciting feedback from guests, implementing service recovery tools when necessary.
* Properly executes revenue and check control procedures on shift.
* Assists manager to select, train and deliver on-going performance feedback to associates to ensure brand standards are met and guest satisfaction goals are met and/or exceeded.
* Utilizes all tools for running shift, (e.g., schedules, floor plans, reservations, checks, daily server checklist).
* Conducts daily pre-shift meeting with staff to communicate specials, hotel occupancy, guest satisfaction scores, reservations and staff or service concerns.
* Promptly resolves issues such as call outs, last minute bookings, food & beverage inventory, delayed ticket times or any other daily concerns that may arise.
* Monitors floor volume at all times and assist with seating, serving and kitchen communication as needed to ensure adequate coverage and guest satisfaction.
* Maintains a safe and sanitary work environment for all associates and guests.
* Maintains regular attendance, is consistently on time, and observes prescribed work, break and meal periods in compliance with standards.
* Maintains high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which include compliance with the dress code.
* Performs any other duties as requested by supervisor. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
DESIRED COMPETENCIES, WORK SKILLS, AND KNOWLEDGE: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies. Other competencies may be required. Associate demonstrates a high QUALITY of work:
* Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
* Monitors own work to ensure quality.
* Provides the best possible service to clients and customers. Associate demonstrates acceptable PRODUCTIVITY standards
* Meets or exceeds productivity standards.
* Produces adequate volume of work efficiently in a specific time. Associate demonstrates excellent CUSTOMER SERVICE SKILLS
* Identifies the need and initiates service recovery and assistance.
* Demonstrates the desire and ability to provide high quality service to both internal and external customers.
* Solicits customer feedback to improve service. Associate demonstrates INITIATIVE
* Asks for and offers help when needed.
* Includes appropriate people in decision-making. Associate demonstrates ACCOUNTABILITY for their job performance
* Takes responsibility for own actions.
* Performs work with little or no supervision; works independently.
* Can be relied upon regarding task completion and follow up.
Job Type: Full-time