IT Support Specialist
The IT Support Specialist job is a tier 2 position responsible supporting the escalated cases for tier 1 office and field support. This technical support specialist supports both desktop and mobile hardware, supported applications, required testing, training including the deployment and recovery hardware and application processes. To excel as a IT Support Specialist tier 2 associate, you’ll be responsible for providing on & offsite support for associates & other company systems as well as working with developers & vendors to troubleshoot & log higher level issues, using a ticketing system to record & track all incidents.
Take this opportunity to join the Company, North America’s leading business solutions provider and build your career working with amazing people in a growing industry! Apply today!
What we offer:
Full-Time Benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, Life)
401(k) with company match
Training and Career Development
Generous Paid Time-Off
Answer call center phones, provide superior support & service.
Work with & support associates & peers at an executive level.
Research & resolve technical issues utilizing the tools provided.
Keep & maintain detailed & accurate records.
Ensure PC communication & connectivity to LAN/WAN, including connectivity to servers, printers, and the Internet.
Provisioning, deployment and recovery of hardware and applications.
Associate training and support
Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
Minimum 2 – 4 years Tier 2 Tech Support
Experience with a phone support and helpdesk environment.
Strong computer skills including proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook, and web-browsers and Zendesk, ServiceNow or other ticketing software.
The Company is one of North America’s leading sales and marketing agencies specializing in outsourced sales, merchandising, category management and marketing services to manufacturers, suppliers and producers of food products and consumer packaged goods. The Company services a variety of trade channels including grocery, mass merchandise, specialty, convenience, drug, dollar, club, hardware, consumer electronics and home centers. We bridge the gap between manufacturers and retailers, providing consumers access to the best products available in the marketplace today.
The Tier 2 Tech is the escalated support for Tier 1 office & field technology support which includes desktop, mobile hardware & supported applications. Additionally, T2 Tech will be responsible for all required testing, training as well as application & hardware deployment & recovery processes. T2 Tech will also be responsible as needed for providing on & offsite support for associates & other company systems as well as to working with developers & vendors to troubleshoot & log higher level issues. T2 Tech will support all company associates, clients, vendors & will utilize & maintain our web-based ticketing system to record & track all incidents. This associate will need to have strong troubleshooting as well as verbal & written communication skills. T2 Tech must be able to think quickly in a fast-paced environment utilizing multiple systems & tools to provide 1st in class support & service with a goal of 1st call resolution. T2 Tech will be required to adhere to attendance policies, report to their scheduled work location & maintain a positive, friendly, professional attitude when representing our company & support desk.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
Device & System:
- Answer call center phones, provide superior support & service
- Work with & support associates & peers at an executive level
- Research & resolve technical issues utilizing the tools provided.
- Keep & maintain detailed & accurate records
- Strong understanding of mobile & desktop technology
- Learn & understand various systems & follow approved processes
- Complete assigned tasks & projects with a high level of quality & ability to follow through to completion with minimal guidance from manager
- Support peers & others in a fast-paced support center environment
- Exhibit high level of on-call customer service abilities
- Demonstrate strong verbal & written communication skills when communicating with Associates at all levels
- Ensure PC communication & connectivity to LAN/WAN, including connectivity to servers, printers, and the Internet.
- Hardware & application provisioning, deployment & recovery
- Onsite & remote training & support for associates & new hires
- Conduct testing, updates & fixes for supported hardware, systems & apps
- Create & maintain training documents & KB’s needed to improve support
- Monitor, Maintain & Report on dept images, security & systems
- Monitor ticket systems & support emails, respond as needed
- This position does not have supervisory responsibilities for direct reports
- Does not have direct reports, but may delegate work of others and provide guidance, direction and mentoring to indirect reports
Travel and/or Driving Requirements
- Travel and Driving are not essential duties or functions of this job
Minimum Qualifications The following are the minimum job-related qualifications which an individual needs in order to successfully perform the essential duties and responsibilities of the job
(Required): Associate's Degree or equivalent experience
Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
Field of Study/Area of Experience:
2-4 years of experience in customer service, information technology support, or a related field.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Advanced level knowledge of PC software applications and strong understanding of PC operating systems (on-premise and cloud).
- Experience with a phone support and helpdesk environment.
- Excellent written communication and verbal communication skills
- Excellent customer service orientation
- Strong computer skills including proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook, and web-browsers
- Knowledge of the following communication and connectivity systems required: Microsoft TCP/IP, networking protocols, network printing / printer troubleshooting, file sharing, Internet application connectivity
- Well-organized, detail-oriented, and able to handle a fast-paced work environment
- Track record of building and maintaining customer/client relationships
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft applications and PC hardware
- Basic knowledge of Apple mobile hardware
- Entry level knowledge of cyber security: Password and PII Data handling processes
- Ability to learn and operate various case management and incident management systems
o Zendezk, ServiceNow, etc.
o A+ certification is a plus (Not Required)
o Network+ certification is a plus (Not Required)
Environmental & Physical Requirements
Office / Sedentary Requirements
Incumbent must be able to perform the essential functions of the job. Work is performed primarily in an office environment. Typically requires the ability to sit for extended periods of time (66%+ each day), ability to hear the telephone, ability to enter data on a computer and may also require the ability to lift up to 10 pounds.
Additional Information Regarding Advantage Solutions Job Duties and Job Descriptions
Job duties include additional responsibilities as assigned by one’s supervisor or other manager related to the position/department. This job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position. The Company reserves the right at any time with or without notice to alter or change job responsibilities, reassign or transfer job position or assign additional job responsibilities, subject to applicable law. The Company shall provide reasonable accommodations of known disabilities to enable a qualified applicant or employee to apply for employment, perform the essential functions of the job, or enjoy the benefits and privileges of employment as required by the law.
Any estimate, schedule, or guideline provided to associates in this job description or elsewhere in connection with their jobs is only intended to help describe job duties and for planning purposes. Regardless of any such estimate, schedule, or guideline, associates must always record all time worked for our company (which includes but is not limited to on-site work time in an assigned store, office, or other work location; required waiting time; administrative time; and work-related travel time).
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of associates so classified.
The Company is committed to providing equal opportunity in all employment practices without regard to age, race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, religion, physical or mental disability, or any other category protected by law. As part of this commitment, the Company shall provide reasonable accommodations of known disabilities to enable an applicant or employee to apply for employment, perform the essential functions of the job, or enjoy the benefits and privileges of employment as required by the law.
The Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box) Ordinance. All of our positions require the satisfactory completion of a background check. Please be aware that acknowledging or having criminal convictions does not constitute an automatic bar to employment. Factors including, but not limited to age and time of the offense, seriousness and nature of the violation, and rehabilitation will be taken into account.