You are applying for a Front Office Manager at the new build TownePlace Suites & Springhill Suites by Marriott. This property is set to open in September of 2018. There are a total of 335 rooms and all are under one roof with a large resort-style pool, lobby/pool bar, and meeting rooms. You will be brought on board and begin the hiring process for your front office team. This is a one of a kind property with a custom design. Apply if you are interested in furthering your career with a growing company and a beautiful one of a kind hotel.
Responsible for the overall operation of the Front Desk, which includes room rental, reservation management, associate staffing, training, recordkeeping, report preparation, and guest relations to provide the best possible quality service. Acts as property manager on duty when assigned. Please have working knowledge of the FOSSE operating system. Each property will have their own FOSSE system, so knowledge of the operating system is going to be vital.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide exceptional customer service to all hotel guests, making their stay as comfortable and accommodating as possible while achieving team and Brand goals.
- Perform quality assurance (QA) requirements for assigned areas.
- Assists in interviewing, hiring, orientation, and training new front desk associates and
newly promoted associates.
- Plans, schedules, assigns, directs, and reviews associate’s work.
- Reviews and approves direct report’s time and attendance records.
- Assists General Manager with appraising job performance; recognizes and rewards
associates as appropriate.
- Assists General Manager with counseling, disciplining, and making recommendations
- Schedule and assure correct staffing levels to meet demands of guests and
- Fulfills Manager on Duty shifts
- Works with counterparts within hotels and at other hotels to coordinate efforts to
maximize hotel profitability.
- Strives to increase the level of guest satisfaction by delivery of an improved product
through employee development and quality image.
- Assists and/or leads revenue management with the implementation and execution of
programs to ensure that the hotel's room occupancy and Average Daily Rate
objectives are met.
- Supervise associates, coordinate and participate in all front desk activities and
- Ensures that all policies, procedures, federal, state and local ordinances with regard to
personnel, security, cash handling, guest relations and safety are followed.
- Coordinates with other department managers concerning equipment and supplies
- Answers guest’s questions on charges; attempt to resolve problems to guest satisfaction.
- Coordinates with departments concerned on discrepancies in room status.
- Register guests, assign rooms, & issue room keys.
- Make courtesy call to guests to assure their complete satisfaction with their room, etc.
- Schedule and make Wake-up calls.
- Receive and transmit messages.
- Keep records of occupied rooms and guests’ accounts.
- Make and confirm reservations.
- Present statements and collect payments from departing guests.
- Receives, records, investigates, and acts on guest complaints as well as compliments
- Initiates compliments or misconduct notices and follows-up with GM and/or AGM.
- Schedule dry cleaning service, post to guest folio and deliver to guest rooms.
- Perform administrative functions for guests, i.e., faxing, coping, mailing, over-night mail
service, and other clerical duties.
- Implement, monitor and carryout brand-specific guest loyalty program.
- Clean and maintain organized work area. Stock all printers and restock any guest
supplies needed at front desk.
- Clean, organize, and maintain lobby area (news papers, coffee table, clean doors,
windows, etc. as necessary).
- Post grocery-shopping tickets.
- Coordinate meeting room schedule and functions; booking and quoting dates;
coordinating with other departments; food and beverage setups including
coordinating the room facility, setups and breakdown.
- Posting charges and expenses to the folio for the meeting room for guests.
- Deliver requested amenities to guest rooms (rollaway beds, cribs, pillows, blankets,
towels, small amenity items, etc.).
- Verify bucket-check against computer information.
- Count drawers, make deposit drop verified by witness, and run initials.
- Communicate with Housekeeping Supervisor regarding early and late check-ins,
checkouts, stay-overs, and special requirements for amenities.
- Perform daily shift checklist.
- Document all maintenance related requests in the InterMountain-approved web-
based tracking system.
- May perform housekeeping and minor maintenance duties as needed or requested
- Remain highly visible and be readily available for guests at all times.
- Take initiative to offer assistance or answer questions throughout the hotel.
- Maintain proper administration of key control.
- Willingness and ability to train new associates.
- Thoroughly understand and implement the Brand service culture.
- Perform all shift checklist responsibilities.
- Support team members to ensure the team’s entire workload is completed daily.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Direct supervision over Front Desk Clerk, Night Auditor, and other positions, as directed by the General Manager and Assistant General Manager.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the job functions.
Education and/or Experience:
- High School diploma or GED required.
- One year related experience and/or training preferred.
- Supervisory experience and/or training preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of business and financial matters and information related to the property, owner(s), partners, guests, associates, etc.
- Good interpersonal skills. Ability to work in a courteous, tactful and patient manner with other associates, management, guests, vendors, suppliers, and other members of the general public conducting business with the property.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing and excellent telephone skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-pace, high-energy and demanding work environment.
- Good knowledge of hotel operations or ability to learn quickly.
- Ability to work as a team player with all levels of associates.
- Dedicated, hard-working, self-motivated.
- Good management and supervisory skills.
- Good time management skills; ability to prioritize and coordinate details; ability to
- Flexibility to adjust work priorities as necessary.
- Practice safety standards at all times.
- Computer skills required.
- Skill in operation of tools and equipment listed below.
- Complete knowledge of Emergency Equipment Manual, i.e., utility and water shutoff
equipment, fire alarm system/panel and emergency procedures, etc.
- Prompt and regular attendance.
- Work flexible hours and/or overtime as required. The hotel operates 7 days a week, 24
hours a day. Department schedules must accommodate fluctuating business demands and associates may be asked to work shifts other than those they prefer or normally work and overtime as required.
- Comply with hotel and/or department uniform and professional behavior and appearance standards.
- Carry out all reasonable requests by team leaders and managers and act as a team player with all levels of staff.
- Participate in all mandatory job training and meetings.
- Ability to successfully complete brand standard training including brand service
- Adhere to property policies and procedures, the Employee Handbook, and/or other
property and IMM documents.
- Immediately report any suspicious activities by guests or others.
- Computer, fax and copy machine
- Multi-line telephone console
- Commercial coffee machine
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the job functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate is occasionally required to sit; regularly use hands to handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and talk and hear.
- The associate is regularly required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms.
- The associate must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Job Type: Full-time
- Front Office Leadership: 4 years
Required work authorization: