Manager, Public Events $45,000
Work schedule is Thursday through Monday
Successfully develop, implement and oversee public events and programs for the main garden of the Dallas Arboretum to achieve front gate revenue and attendance goals according to public event areas assigned. This includes but not limited to activities such as concerts, weekend public activities, festivals, and other events in the garden and associated venues as assigned by the Director. Responsible to assure that events are garden appropriate, vendor/performer contracts are accurately and timely completed with relevant approvals and invoices are processed for accuracy and timely payments.Contribute to team effort.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Proactively and creatively develop new concepts for activities/festival themes for appropriate approvals to promote interest, engagement and enjoyment of the public to achieve revenue goals.
Oversee/execute the logistics related to new or repeat activities and vendors/performers on the property to assure smooth facilitation of logistics/locations in the garden.
Work closely with Advertising and Promotions to ensure events are marketed in the best way for maximum exposure:
Monitor website for accurate placement and descriptions of all events.
Create promotions for approvals to drive attendance.
Assure that courteous customer service standards are maintained in public interaction and response to guest issues.
Effectively participate in subcommittees relating to the specific events·Prepare annual budget for approval by Director.
Monitor and assure that expenses/invoices within budget.
Assure invoices/expense are reviewed and timely processed for payment.
Oversee and/or train, evaluate, and effectively manage/schedule personnel;
Complete required personnel documentation/wrap-up reports in a timely manner.
- College degree desired and 2-3 years related public event/hospitality experience preferred.
- Excellent communication skills and good written communication skills.
- Good computer skills – proficient in Microsoft Office products email needs;
- Ability to work flexible hours as needed, including weekends, holidays and evenings.
Ability to physically and repeatedly monitor, oversee, and physically direct activities related to the event on DABS’ property from beginning to end for execution oversight in all weather conditions.
Culinary or food & wine knowledge a plus
Musical background and/or experience booking bands/speakers and/or working with talent agents preferred.
Driver’s license to drive golf carts.
- Manage multiple tasks with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Professional work ethic ; deadline driven.
- Creativity in developing and executing activities/themes, etc. to promote and increase attendance.
- Problem analysis and problem solving skills; good independent judgment skills.
- Proactive versus reactive skills with positive problem solution skills
- Tenacious, organized, detail-oriented, and customer service driven.
- Work well with many different personality types and with staff related to events and logistics.
Submit resume and cover letter to Ktrail@dallasarboretum.org