Northwestern State University Libraries is looking for a professional librarian to serve as head of reference division. This is a tenure-track, 12-month, fulltime faculty position at the rank of assistant professor. Salary is $50,000.
Please send a letter of application, a resume, and the names and contact information for three references to Abbie Landry, Director of Libraries, Eugene P. Watson Memorial Library, Northwestern State University of Louisiana, Natchitoches, LA 71497 or email Landry@nsula.edu
Northwestern State University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, age, pregnancy or parenting status, and veteran or retirement status in its programs and activities and provides equal access to the Boy Scouts and other designated youth groups. The following individuals have been designated to handle inquiries regarding non-discrimination policies (i.e., Title IX):
- Employees/Potential Employees – Veronica M. Biscoe, EEO Officer
- Students – Frances Conine, Dean of Students (318-357-5286)
For Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) concerns, contact the Disability Support Tutoring Director, Catherine Faucheaux, at 318-357-4460.
Additionally, Northwestern complies with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy & Campus Crime Statistics Act. Information about NSU's campus security and crime statistics can be found at http://universitypolice.nsula.edu/annual-security-report/.
Full disclosure statement:
- Inquiries regarding employment application status should be made to the individual receiving the application packet.
- MLS or equivalent from an ALA-accredited program
- Minimum 3 to 5 years of experience working in public service
- Experience in supervising, training, and evaluating personnel
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate and cooperate with colleagues and students.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Experience in administering a reference department in an academic library
- Experience with selective government documents depository
- Knowledge of SirsiDynix
This person will be responsible for supervising staff and student workers in the areas of reference, circulation, government documents, and interlibrary loan.
DESCRIPTION OF THE WATSON LIBRARY:
The library has a total of 21 staff members including 5 tenure-track faculty employees and 5 library associates. The library has an online catalog and participates in a statewide consortium, LOUIS. The collection includes more than 350,000 bound volumes, over 480,000 government documents, and more than 650,000 microform equivalents. The building, completed and occupied in 1972, consists of three floors with about 94,000 square feet of space.