Full-time$30,000 - $40,000 a year
- Computer Skills
- Bachelor's Degree
Full Job Description
Are you interested in joining a fast-paced, high-pressured, and growing environment? With over 2,500 reviews we have a 4.5-star rating on TripAdvisor, and we are not slowing down. We are seeking a bookkeeper to keep accurate records of agency financial transactions, monitor delinquent accounts, prepares monthly statements, and financial reports, and answer customer questions regarding billing issues. We are looking for a driven candidate to use the automation system to manage and monitor the General Ledger, Accounts Receivable, and Accounts Payable. The bookkeeper will be responsible for informing upper management of a monthly status of the financial statement. Must meet standards for timeliness and accuracy. The bookkeeper will report to the Director of Finance and General Manager.
Role Description Responsibilities:
- Enters commission checks, return premium checks, customer payment checks, and other payments in the automation system.
- Cuts monthly commission checks and donations checks promptly.
- Ensures contracted work is compensated on time.
- Maintains an accounts receivable balance of less than 10% monthly.
- Administers and conducts the Month End Closing Process and accurately prepares.
- Month End Reports for management, maintaining a clean Subsidiary Ledger.
- Reconciles all cash receipts, bank statements, and other accounts monthly.
- Prepares all bank deposits and inter-account bank transfers, as directed by management.
- Reconciles Direct Bill Company statements with automated system reports via an automated system.
- Receives and renews all incoming invoices and prepares and mails payment checks, coding invoices accurately to the General Ledger, and keeping payables up to date.
- Works with insureds to resolve payment problems and to ensure a low-level accounts receivable.
- Performs other accounting responsibilities, as requested or assigned by management.
- Performs other miscellaneous duties, as assigned or requested by agency management.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting preferred.
- QuickBooks knowledge required.
- Computer processing skills, general accounting and bookkeeping training, record keeping practices and training, or related job experience of greater than three years in a similar position.
- Ability to perform mathematical calculations accurately, including percentages, fractions, decimals, and simple mathematical formulae.
- Ability to solve practical problems and follow written, verbal or other instructions with several concrete variables.
- Attention to detail and the ability to organize complex information neatly and accurately.
- Ability to compose original correspondence, write reports, have effective interaction with people, and to communicate ideas and receive and process information from others.
- Ability to learn a systematic approach to accounting and to follow the plan without direction to maintain the integrity of the financial data of the agency.
- Activities include repetitive keyboard fingering, grasping, lifting, shifting of paper, reaching, bending, stooping, and crouching.
- Ability to operate computer equipment, business equipment and other general office equipment, including telephones and fax machines.
- Requires the ability to talk, to express and exchange ideas using the spoken word, to convey detailed or critical verbal instructions to clients and others accurately and quickly.
- Job Type: Full-time
- Must undergo and pass a background check
Salary: $30,000.00 to $40,000.00 /year
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $30,000.00 - $40,000.00 per year
- Computer Skills: 1 year (Preferred)
- QuickBooks: 1 year (Preferred)
- Monday to Friday
- Holidays required
- Day shift
- 8 hour shift
- On call