Directly solicits first mortgage loan business through industry sources, such as, Realtors, attorneys, builders and financial planners. Generates residential mortgage loans while maintaining relationships and acting as a liaison between referral sources, borrowers, the Bank and the community.
This is a full-time commission- only position.
- Originates mortgage loans by developing and establishing real estate industry contacts.
- Supports local real estate associations by attending designated functions as required acting as public relations officer of the Bank.
- Maintains a strong knowledge of all Bank products and services and cross sells services to mortgage loan clients.
- Works to establish and meet residential loan and cross sell referral sales goals in conjunction with departmental goals.
Typical Job Duties
A. Encompass User Profile:
- Meets Average monthly sales goals as assigned by Sales Manager.
- Interviews prospective residential mortgage loan applicants.
- Prepares loan applications, submits loans into process through laptop computer and follows up on all loans in process.
- Maintains communication with all parties involved as to loan status.
- Assists department personnel in obtaining necessary documentation to commit and close loans.
- Performs other duties as directed by management.
- Software used: Encompass
- This position requires formal education through high school or equivalent is required, college degree a plus, along with a minimum of one year mortgage or outside sales experience.
- This position also requires knowledge of the mortgage industry loan programs and underwriting requirements, self-motivated, and results driven individual.
- This position also requires strong interpersonal, oral, and written communications skills, along with excellent organizational skills and detail oriented.
- This position also requires proficiency in Microsoft Office and knowledge of laptop loan submissions.
- For the respect of our customers and staff, professional dress, hygiene and appearance is expected at all times.
- All bank positions require maintaining personal fiscal responsibility.
- Flexibility in work schedule. This commission-based position is exempt from maintaining a set schedule of hours; however, this position requires meeting the established production levels.
- This position requires the ability to meet the needs of customers with regard to their schedule and location.
- Critical member of team. Must be reliable, dependable, and maintain a high degree of flexibility.
- Must be able to maneuver stairs in the event of an emergency.
- Travel to other locations may be necessary. A valid NJ Driver’s License, in good standing, is required, and access to a vehicle for use in the course of business.
- Acceptable background checks and immediate NMLS (National Mortgage Licensing System) registration by start date.
Internal and External Contacts
Initiates relationships and has frequent contacts with real estate professionals, attorneys, builders and other sources of mortgage loans.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity