The Operations Manager role in our Los Angeles location isn’t just a job - it’s a career opportunity with a great company. And we ask our Managers to be just that- Managers. We want to lean into your expertise to help us get better. We will give you what you need to manage your employees and your business, and you will get to lead, every single day.
This role is perfect for the manufacturing Manager that is passionate about safety, making a good product, supporting their employees, and continuously striving to improve. If that sounds like you, come join this industry leader!
Oldcastle BuildingEnvelope is seeking an Operations Manager for our operations in the Los Angeles, CA. The Operations Manager will manage the operational aspects of the branch which include manufacturing, safety, equipment and buildings as well as quality and continuous improvement to deliver desired sales and profit targets. The position will require strong communication, delegating and prioritizing skills as well as a consistent drive for performance and growth. Relocation assistance will be available for the right candidate.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for Plant Operations, Safety, Quality, Production, and Efficiency
- Assure attainment of business objectives and production schedules while ensuring product standards that will exceed our customers’ expectations
- Create, recommend, and manage capital projects
- Initiate plans and processes which minimize manufacturing costs through effective utilization of manpower, equipment, facilities, materials, and capital
- Implement manufacturing strategies and action plans to ensure that the facility supports strategic initiatives
- Work collaboratively with commercial leaders to insure alignment of initiatives and objectives of the commercial teams and operational capabilities and targets to drive results.
- Drive continuous process improvement and Lean principles and focus on fact based problem solving to drive process improvement and reduce waste
- Work closely with parent location and other locations to ensure coordination and synergies
- Drives safe operations. Ensure facility has a structure in place and employee engagement insures a culture of safety.
- Implement and execute manufacturing initiatives and innovative solutions to ensure growth
- Manage the facility staff, including hiring, coaching, and developing.
- Lead all functional leaders that support the operation through coaching and development and drive the support of a culture of integrity and respect for employees, customers and the business.
- Salary range – $180,000-220,000
Skills, Knowledge, and Ability Requirements
- 7-10 years managerial experience in a manufacturing environment
- Hands-on management experience with budgeting, quality assurance, and troubleshooting equipment
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, business or equivalent experience
- Green Belt or Black Belt certification a plus
- Demonstrated ability to materially improve business results and motivate employees
- Possess strong analytical skills
- Energetic, creative, self-directed manager with high level of integrity required
- Strong leadership skills, independent thinking, strong organizational and planning abilities and excellent analytical and problem-solving skills are essential.
What OBE Offers You
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
OBE has a long and proud heritage. We are a collection of family businesses, regional companies, and large enterprises that together form the OBE family. OBE operates in a decentralized, diversified structure that allows you to work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large organization.
If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our official employment application. Please complete your online profile and it will be sent to the hiring manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest!
OBE is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability-If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)