A part-time employee in this role is responsible for the accurate recordkeeping and reporting of information within the accounting office. This includes member contributions, statement reconciliations, accounts payable & receivable processing. The Accountant is a non-exempt position and is expected to act as an ambassador of the RNCC message, with the highest levels of integrity.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Maintain accuracy of the accounting system, in a timely manner.
- Contribution processing and data entry management
- Track and accurately record account payables and account receivables.
- Lead and participate in offering counting, coordinate counting volunteers and ensure adherence to appropriate cash-handling policies and procedures.
- Process payroll and ensures timely, accurate payments to employees
- Conduct reconciliation processing and resolution of reporting issues.
- Keep records of all purchasing invoices and enters invoices into a database.
- Obtain and review purchase receipts and supporting documentation from card users in a timely manner. Verify that receipts contain the pertinent information required to properly code transactions and that purchases are aligned with existing policies and practices of the Church
- Enter weekly contributions into a database and prepare weekly bank deposit.
- Upload Statement Activity into the Accounting System on a weekly basis; Escalate discrepancies to mgmt. in a timely manner and work toward problem resolution; Identify and bring to management and vendor’s attention questionable transactions subject to dispute; Follow through until issues are resolved.
- Verify contractor service hours and enter variances into the payroll system
- Reconcile Charge Card and Expense Card statements monthly to system uploads.
- Prepare weekly cash flow projection reporting
- Participate in the month and year-end closing processes, primarily through journal entry preparation, vendor and account reconciliation and variance resolution, to ensure timely, accurate recording in compliance with GAAP, regulatory, and company policies.
- Invoice entry or order processing
- Must have the ability to enter data into electronic systems while maintaining integrity and accuracy of the data
- Work to maintain a positive relationship with department representatives by keeping an open flow of communication. This includes training/assisting new representatives in learning procedures and involving a supervisor as needed.
- Communicate effectively with internal & external customers (vendors, departmental representatives, accounting supervisors).
- Researching vendor bills and payment information
- Verifies hourly employee timecards and enters variances into the payroll system
- Understand existing ministry policies and practices, and work with management to routinely assess and stay current with implementation.
- Support annual audits of the Church and related organizations.
- Handle sensitive, confidential information/ assignments with tact, discretion, and diplomacy
- Run and Mail year-end member contribution statements
- Lead with budget preparation and running financial reports
- Run accounts payable checks and mails them as needed
- And perform other duties as assigned
- Strong Commitment to the vision, values and core beliefs of the organization
- Must model the utmost respect and professionalism towards colleagues and leadership
- Demonstrated Christ-like Character
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and friendly disposition
- Ability to multi-task and demonstrate effective time management skills
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office and QuickBooks Online & Desktop
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- BA/BS in Accounting or Finance Degree Required
- 5 years of progressive experience Accounting Work Experience Preferred
The Accountant works collaboratively with Raleigh North Christian Center (RNCC) in leading the organization toward its long-term vision of bringing resiliency to the city of Raleigh. RNCC accomplishes this in providing a spiritual oasis, training & development, youth programs, entrepreneurship development, and creative arts to the community.
Job Type: Part-time
- Accounting: 3 years
- Finance Church: 2 years
Required work authorization: