Sodexo is seeking a General Manager of Environmental/Custodial Services in the Boston area.
Multi-functional Life sciences (Pharmaceutical) campus, with R&D, manufacturing and administrative office environments.
The GMP Cleaning Operations Manager is a leadership role that oversees the day to day GMP cleaning operations and quality programs of a specific account or group sites and typically works in the field on the site. The role is responsible for defining, coordinating and facilitating projects and ensuring the success of the accounts operations.
MAJOR AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
Include the following key areas and duties, which may be modified or increased as necessary:
Supervise, plan and coordinate the site cleaning operation.
Continually monitor the cleanroom cleaning operations to ensure all activities are completed promptly and correctly.
Responsible for staff development in areas such as GMP training, technical skills, safety, and performance management. This includes hiring, completing annual performance reviews, and providing professional development opportunities.
Plan, organize and lead projects to improve efficiency and productivity and implement best practices in business management.
Establish project deliverables based on project goals, Quality goals and company priorities.
Apply project management tools, processes and principles to enable project success.
Interview employees and analyze business processes to ensure functional requirements accurately reflect user needs.
Maintain project calendar, develop agendas, record minutes and action items and facilitate meetings.
Recommend performance metrics for the cleaning service which will be reliable indicators of service quality, systems performance, productivity, and overall quality costs.
Manage cross-functional team resources appropriately to ensure effective team performance and achieve goals.
Identify and resolve project issues.
Identify the technical, procedural and equipment issues that hinder cleaning performance. Inform support personnel and regional manager as needed.
Identify deviations and follow through on corrective and preventative actions (variances).
Review and make recommendations for change to cGMP documentation such as SOPs.
Follow Good Manufacturing Practices and maintain a cGMP document program.
Ensure that there is a minimum inventory level of standard stock materials.
Assist in the cross training of other Controlled Contamination Services personnel.
Represent the company at customer meetings along with sales manager and their regional manager.
Ensures accurate time keeping and labor law compliance
PRIMARY RESULTS ACCOUNTABLE FOR ACHIEVING:
Other more specific results will be assigned and measured.
Demonstrate excellent leadership and communication skills
Demonstrates excellent documentation skills, and adhere to all GMP regulations
Demonstrates excellent conflict resolution skills, and maintain confidentiality
Ability to stay calm and rational under pressure
Adheres to all policy and conduct standards and embraces the culture of CCS
Must have a high level of attention to detail and excellent time management skills
Must be proficient with cleaning chemical components and safety requirements
Provides local account leadership and strategic direction to the on-site Environmental Service exempt and non-exempt level staff (client and/or Sodexo employees) in the delivery of Sodexo Environmental Service programs. Directs business practices in order to uphold Company mission and values and commitments made in the Sodexo/Client contractual agreement.
- Establishes safe work environment for clients/ customers/staff.
- Executes strategic plan in alignment with the scope of service, Sodexo mission & values within our contractual agreement
- Fully implement and adhere to the Sodexo Clients for Life process
- Provides team leadership and direction by ensuring cohesiveness among the activities of subordinates to achieve planned outcomes.
- Ensures compliance with consistency of application of all Sodexo Quality Assurance/Quality Improvement and Regulatory standards within the contractually agreed upon scope of services.
- Ensures full administration of and adherence to all regulatory, Sodexo, Client, and Regulatory Human Resource standards and requirements
- Supervises day-to-day work activities by delegating authority, assigning and prioritizing activities, and monitoring compliance to operating standards.
- Develops, administers, and monitors Sodexo and/or Client budget performance. Develops action plans to ensure performance is in accordance with strategic initiatives and client commitments.
- Develops and utilizes performance metrics to assist with problem analysis, and development of action plans and solutions
- Facilitates ongoing effective communications with direct reports, frontline staff, Clients, Customers, and Sodexo Leadership
- Oversees major repairs and renovation projects by identifying and managing vendors/contractors, including bid process, contract compliance and vendor/contractor performance
Basic Education Requirement - Bachelor’s Degree
Basic Management Experience - 5 years
Basic Functional Experience - 5 years
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.