Nexion Health operates 39 skilled nursing and rehabilitation, as well as assisted living, facilities in Colorado, Louisiana, Mississippi and Texas and is seeking candidates for the position of Revenue Cycle Analystat our Corporate Headquarters in Sykesville, Maryland.
The Revenue Cycle Analyst is responsible for assisting facilities collect outstanding Accounts Receivable in accordance with Nexion Corporate policy and applicable federal, state, and local regulations.
Under the direct supervision of the AR Manger, the Revenue Cycle Analyst will be assigned to several Nexion facilities. The Revenue Cycle Analyst will be responsible for billing Medicaid, Medicare and Co-insurance.
Essential functions will include:
- Focus on billing and collecting payment for a predetermined number for facilities on a daily basis.
- Follow up on resident accounts in the Accounts Receivable System (AHT) until the balances are paid in full.
- Make appropriate payor change information in AHT.
- Post payments within 24hrs of receipt. This includes all Medicare, Medicaid, and Insurance payments.
- Submit Medicaid charges every Monday or Friday morning.
- Submit Mutual/Trailblazers/Highmark Claims by the 6th business day of the month, no later than the 8th.
- Follow up with Medicaid and Medicare claims daily.
- Submit co-insurance billing immediately after Medicare Remittance Advice is received.
- Audit denied claims or partial paid claims and submit appeals immediately.
- Be willing to travel to Nexion facilities as needed.
- Travel to Regional Meetings.
- Assist the AR Manager and AR Analyst as needed.
- Participate in AR calls.
- Develop goals and priorities for BOMs and lead them in their progress toward them.
- Conduct training of new BOMs as needed.
- Inform RFM, RDO, AR Manager, RFS and BOM of any issues that may occur.
- Perform other duties and special projects as assigned.
- Minimum - High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Strong working knowledge of personal computer and software applications used in job functions (databases, spreadsheets, word processing, etc).
- Must have strong organizational skills.
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Must have minimum of 3 years of experience in Healthcare Accounts Receivable.
- Must have experience in accounts receivable software package.
- Must have experience in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Must have experience dealing with Insurance Companies including Manage Care.
- Must have basic understanding of Medicare.
Compensation and Benefits Package
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package to include voluntary Medical, Dental, Vision, AD&D Benefits, LT/ST Disability, Life Insurance, Flex Spending Account and 401K
Job Type: Full-time
- Managed care billing and auditing: 1 year (Required)
- accounts receivable software: 1 year (Required)
- healthcare accounts receivable: 1 year (Required)
- Medicare billing and auditing: 1 year (Required)
- High school or equivalent (Required)