Cost Accountant at the Milwaukee location; reporting to the CFO.
- Maintain standard costs in standard cost accounting system including cost build-ups of manufactured items.
- Extract reporting of receiving, manufacturing, shipping, and inter-company transactions, valued at standard cost.
- Use the standard cost valued transactions to generate general ledger entries for cost-of-goods sold and other inventory related entries.
- Analyze and report on purchasing and manufacturing variances.
- Recommend management actions that might be advisable to address manufacturing variances.
- Calculate manufacturing overhead rates once each year.
- Estimate the standard cost of new potential products using the bill-of-material and standard unit costs for manufacturing, labor and overhead.
- Work with inventory control analyst to ensure accuracy of transactions reported and resulting inventory records.
- Gain strong understanding of ERP system used for inventory transactions record keeping.
- Administer company rules, policies and procedures.
- Four Year Bachelor’s degree in accounting or equivalent with 0-3 years’ experience.
- Will consider recent college graduates.
- Ability to communicate accurately and comfortably with all levels of management.
- Good attendance and performance work history.
- Motivated self-starter that is able to productively work alone and in groups to solve problems.
- Must have and exhibit strong leadership and problem-solving skills.
- Must be fluent with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook. Microsoft Access and/or Crystal Reporting is a plus.
- Must have the ability and willingness to work overtime on an as needed/required basis in order to complete work in process and communicate with other shifts.
- Good personal interaction and communication skills to influence peers and direct reports
Salary commensurate with qualifications.
Job Type: Full-time
- Cost or General Accounting: 1 year (Preferred)
- Milwaukee, WI (Preferred)
- United States (Preferred)