Imagine going to work knowing that what you do each day positively affects the lives of the people in your community. Working at the Y, you’ll discover more than a job—you’ll enjoy a career with a future and the opportunity to make a lasting difference in the lives of those around you.
The Grove City YMCA is looking for Assistant Group Supervisors (Assistant Teachers) to join our childcare team. As an Assistant Group Supervisor, you are responsible for assisting the Group Supervisor (Teacher) in the care and education of a group of children.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to assisting in:
- Maintaining a safe and healthy environment
- Engaging children in a variety of developmentally appropriate experiences
- Providing differentiated instruction to support each child’s learning
- Supporting social and emotional development of the children while providing positive guidance
- Establishing positive and productive relationships with families
- Ensuring a well-run, purposeful program responsive to children’s needs
- Maintaining a commitment to professionalism by completing professional development
- High school diploma or GED
- 2 years (2,500 hours) experience working with children, other than your own OR 15 credit hours from an accredited college or university in early childhood education or a related field AND 1 year experience (1,250 hours).
Benefit package for full-time positions:
- Paid vacation days/personal days/sick days
- Medical, dental & vision insurance
- 403B retirement plan
- FREE YMCA family membership
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $10.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Do you have at least 2 years (2,500 hours) experience working with children, other than your own OR 15 credit hours from an accredited college or university in early childhood education or a related field AND 1 year experience (1,250 hours)?
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- working with children other than your own: 1 year (Required)
Work Location: One location