The Tax Analyst will be a member of Ally's Tax Staff. The position will be multi-disciplinary and focus primarily on assisting with tax financial planning and analysis. The position will require interaction with the corporate financial planning and analysis group, capital markets group, stress testing group, as well as other business groups within the company and will report directly to a Tax Manager.
- Assist in the preparation of consolidated tax business plan forecasts, including analysis and summary of results to provide to high level executives
- Assist in the preparation of tax calculations to support bank required stress tests
- Assist in the preparation of monthly and quarterly tax calculations included in financial statements, including forecast vs. actual analytics
- Preparation of quarterly tax summaries presented by executive leadership to the Board and Audit Committee
- Ad hoc scenario modeling of tax planning opportunities and/or business transactions, including summarization of the related tax impacts
- Provide analytical tax and accounting support to internal business partners
- Bachelor's degree required (Accounting major preferred)
- CPA (or equivalent) and /or JD preferred
- 1-3 years of relevant experience. Some public accounting is preferred but not required.
- Sound technical tax and/or accounting skills for area of expertise
- Experience conducting Tax research including the ability to evaluate technical Tax literature and communicate requirements to operating units and senior management
- Strong computer skills, especially Excel. Knowledge of SAP and OneSource Tax Products is a plus
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate with professionals at all levels
- Strong organization skills and ability to work independently as well as a team member
- Regularly exhibit a strong work ethic and high degree of self-motivation
- A sense of urgency, timeliness and thorough attention to detail
Ally Financial Inc. (NYSE: ALLY) is a leading digital financial services company and a top 25 U.S. financial holding company offering financial products for consumers, businesses, automotive dealers and corporate clients. Ally's legacy dates back to 1919, and the company was redesigned in 2009 with a distinctive brand, innovative approach and relentless focus on its customers. Ally has an award-winning online bank (member FDIC), one of the largest full service auto finance operations in the country, a complementary auto-focused insurance business, a growing digital wealth management and online brokerage platform, and a trusted corporate finance business offering capital for equity sponsors and middle-market companies.
Business Unit/Enterprise Function
Finance strives to be a trusted adviser to the enterprise and prides itself on maintaining the highest level of integrity and accountability. Finance is responsible for finance reporting, financial analysis, accounting, strategy and planning, tax and investor relations.
Total Rewards Information
Ally's compensation program offers market-competitive base pay and bonus pay potential based on achieving personal and company goals. Plus, we have a flexible paid time-off program with an emphasis on work-life balance.
Ally offers a variety of benefits to protect your health and well-being, provide financial security and balance your work-life needs including:
Ally is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Industry-leading 401K Retirement Savings Plan including Matching and Company Contributions
- Comprehensive wellness program with financial incentives designed to help you achieve your best health
- Flexible health insurance options including dental and vision
- Pre-tax Health Savings Account with generous employer contributions
- Pre-tax dependent care and commuter benefits
- Other work-life integration benefits including Paid Parental & Caregiver Leave, Adoption Assistance, Back-up Child & Adult/Elder Care, Child Care Discounts, Tuition Reimbursement, LifeMatters Employee Assistance Program, Weight Watchers and other employee discount programs
We extend equal employment opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy status, marital status, military or veteran status, genetic disposition or any other reason protected by law.