H-E-B is one of the largest, independently owned food retailers in the nation operating over 400 stores throughout Texas and Mexico, with annual sales generating over $25 billion. Described by industry experts as a daring innovator and smart competitor, H-E-B has led the way with creative new concepts, outstanding service and a commitment to diversity in our workforce, workplace and marketplace. H-E-B offers a wealth of career opportunities to our 109,000+ Partners (employees), competitive compensation and benefits program and comprehensive training that lead to successful careers.
H-E-B is one of the largest, independently owned food retailers in the nation, operating over 380 stores throughout Texas and Mexico, with annual sales generating over $23 billion. We’re committed to innovation, smart competition, and taking care of our People.
As a Brand Strategy Research Analyst I, you’ll perform consumer and sensory research to support H-E-B Own Brand (OB) department projects and initiatives (including Central Market, H-E-B, and control brands we sell exclusively). You’ll use primary qualitative and quantitative research methods to explore consumer attitudes and behaviors, as well as reactions to proposed product brand strategies, product line concepts, packaging form and function, product performance and label designs.
Once you’re eligible, you’ll become an Owner in the company, so we’re looking for commitment, hard work, and focus on quality and Customer service. “Partner-owned” means our most important resources—People—drive the innovation, growth, and success that makes H-E-B The Greatest Retailing Company.
Do you have:
HEART FOR PEOPLE… not shy? can you talk to customers on the spot and make them feel comfortable sharing their opinion?
HEAD FOR BUSINESS… skills to interpret data, identify trends, then recommend relevant, actionable research?
PASSION FOR RESULTS… drive to turn consumer opinions into wins for our Own Brands?
We are looking for:
- degree in business, marketing, advertising, consumer research, and related fields
- strong foundational research skills
What is the work?
Research / Analytics:
- Serves as subject matter expert in consumer research to support OB research projects
- Provides expertise in qualitative research methodologies to support / facilitate focus groups, in-store intercepts, shop-a-longs, engagements with online communities, etc.
- Applies proficiency in quantitative research methodologies to support primary quantitative research teams with survey design, programming, and simple analysis
- Creates clear, concise, and evocative reports that tell the consumer story; outlines actionable next steps for project teams
- Articulates key insights and customer needs to support and guide OB branding, packaging, label design, and product development decisions
- Supports recruitment and scheduling of consumers for OB consumer research initiatives
- Proactively works with Research Managers and Analysts to plan and design OB consumer research projects to maximize department resources
- Works with Research Managers to generate research proposals and project scope for OB consumer and product research
- Constantly stays abreast of project objectives and prepares for upcoming research
- Analyzes projects thoroughly; anticipates obstacles / setbacks; sets contingency plans as necessary; develops efficient procedures for completing work on time, within budget
- Attends / participates in design kick-offs and creative sessions with OB development teams, designers, buyers, and Senior Leaders
- Collaborates with Research Managers to influence brand and product line briefs, including articulation of the product / brand positioning
- Creates / manages positive relationships with internal clients, specifically OB Managers, Product Development Managers, OB Designers, Business Development Managers, Global Sourcing Managers, and OB / Procurement leaders
What is your background?
- Bachelor's degree in business, marketing, advertising, consumer / market research, or related field (required); master’s degree preferred
- 2+ years of experience in consumer / qualitative research
- Experience successfully managing multiple projects under tight deadlines
Do you have what it takes to be a fit as an H-E-B Package-Label Design Research Analyst?
- Strong working knowledge of consumer / qualitative research
- Proficiency in MS Office, especially Excel and PowerPoint
- Excellent written / verbal communication and presentation skills
- Strong analytical and active listening skills (e.g., attentive, without interruptions, etc.)
- Facilitating / moderating / interviewing skills; a natural strong communicator
- Ability to build relationships easily and convey a personality that quickly engenders trust
- Ability to exhibit appropriate non-verbal behaviors to show receptivity to others’ POV
- Ability to be light hearted and know when to be serious and invoke proper humor
- Ability to understand when process is less important than outcome; flexibility
- A strong cultural awareness of Texas communities
- Work in a fast-paced, demanding team-oriented environment; work extended hours
Primary Location US-TX-San Antonio
Work Locations Headquarters-Arsenal 646 S. Flores San Antonio 78204
Job Customer Relationship Mgmt
Organization Corporate Region
Job Type Full-time
Job Posting Nov 15, 2018, 5:23:30 PM Unposting Date Nov 30, 2018, 5:59:00 AM