Are you interested in improving the cyber risk protection of leading companies? If your response is yes, consider joining Deloitte & Touche LLP’s growing Cyber Risk Vigilant Fusion Center. Our Fusion Center analysts and engineers assist our clients with identifying unauthorized activities and intrusions in their networks in real time.
Work you'll do
The Cyber Risk Vigilant Fusion Center Level 1 Analyst perform tasks of a firewall administrator and operates firewall and intrusion detection technology, conducts network analysis w.r.t to security events and general IT network troubleshooting, possesses extensive knowledge on network, endpoint, as well as the functioning of underlying IT infrastructure.
§ Scope out requirements for firewall (Sizing, location, throughput) and identify appropriate specifications
§ Design and Architect new or existing firewall deployments
§ Configure and implement firewall policies
§ Prioritization of Security Engineering tasks and perform troubleshooting
§ Perform uptime and Availability Monitoring
§ FW Ticket triage and incident management
§ Track and Report on SLAs
§ Perform Quarterly User Access Reviews
§ Support Request for Information during SOX and Internal Audits
§ Perform Quarterly Firewall Audit
§ Providing power and cabling
§ Confirming/monitoring power and cabling
§ Providing backup space and capacity
§ Conducting and confirming backups
§ Providing network connectivity
§ Confirming/monitoring network connectivity
Deloitte Advisory's Cyber Risk team helps complex organizations more confidently pursue their growth, innovation and performance agendas through proactive management of the associated cyber risks. Our professionals provide advisory and implementation services that integrate risk, regulatory, and technology skills to help clients transform their legacy programs into proactive Secure.Vigilant.Resilient.TM cyber risk programs. Join the team developing the future state of cyber risk solutions. Learn more about Deloitte Advisory’s Cyber Risk Services practice.
- BA or BS in Computer Science or Information Management desirable or equivalent work experience
- Additional certification include Certified Intrusion Analyst (GIAC), CISSP, Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH), Certified Expert Penetration Tester (CEPT)
- Willing to work any of the three 10 hour shifts to offer 24 hours support service
- Two + years of information security related experience, in areas such as: security operations, incident analysis, incident handling, and vulnerability management or testing, log analysis, intrusion detection. Or, Two – Five years’ experience of one of the following: -Network operations or engineering -System administration on Unix, Linux, or Windows
- Experienced with the following technologies: leading SIEM technologies, IDS/IPS, network- and host- based firewalls, data leakage protection (DLP), DAM (Database activity monitoring)
- Understanding of possible attack activities such as network probing/ scanning, DDOS, malicious code activity and possible abnormal activities, such as worms, Trojans, viruses, etc.
- Understanding of network devices such as routers, switches. TCP/IP knowledge
- Understanding of common network services (web, mail, FTP, etc.), network vulnerabilities, and network attack patterns
- Experience with leading SIEM solutions including ArcSight ESM and Loggers
- Experience with ticketing systems
- Intermediate knowledge in system security architecture and security solutions
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proven analytical and problem solving skills
How you’ll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose:
to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte’s impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you’re applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals
As used in this document, “Deloitte” means Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.