Responsible for welcoming guests, answering incoming calls, directing calls to appropriate staff, mail distribution and providing additional clerical support. The Administrative Assistant is the first point of contact for the entire organization, which requires a positive attitude and polished, professional appearance. This position will multi task a variety of front office activities.
Knowledge, Skill and Ability:
- Polished professional with outgoing attitude, be a team player and love to make the guests feel at home.
- Excellent typing skills (word processing; 50-60 wpm), high level of proficiency with general office PC applications (i.e. MS Word, MS Excel, MS Access, MS PowerPoint) and comfort with learning new applications as required.
- Demonstrated excellent organizational, coordinating and personal interface skills. * Proven job diligence, dedication and attention to detail.
- Commitment to work overtime on occasion.
- Comfort and experience interfacing with various levels of staff and management, while working in a fast-paced environment.
- Familiarity and working knowledge of general office machines (i.e. fax, copier, printers, etc.) required.
- Demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to successfully communicate with the public, other employees and vendors.
Education and Formal Training: High School diploma or GED.
Experience: At least 2-3 years experience as a corporate Receptionist in a clerical or administrative role required..
Material and Equipment Used: Office equipment: copier, computer/keyboard, telephone, and fax.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $30,000.00 /year
- Administrative Skills: 4 years
- Office Equipment: 4 years
- Customer Service: 4 years
- Administrative Support: 4 years
- Typing: 3 years
- High school or equivalent