Financial Reporting Analyst
Charlotte based company is seeking a strong Financial Reporting Analyst to join their rapidly growing Finance and Accounting team. Reporting to the Controller, the Financial Reporting Analyst will have great upward mobility and be hands-on in the monthly reporting process as well as the budgeting, forecasting and ad-hoc reporting. This is a new position created due to growth within the company and offers a competetive compensation package and excellent benefits.
Essential Job Duties
- Analyze financial information and work with various areas of the business to drive results
- Review and record adjustments to various accounts as needed to ensure accuracy, timeliness, and the proper presentation of financial data.
- Ensure the accounting areas assigned are in compliance with U.S. GAAP.
- Review transaction details to ensure operations are properly accounted for to the correct legal entities, cost centers and accounts.
- Prepare reconciliations of all assigned accounts. Review monthly adjustments and reconciliations of staff as assigned.
- Assist with both internal and external audit processes.
- Serve as liaison between payroll, human resources, IT, and other business partners, which requires regular communication and sharing of financial information to facilitate ownership of their financial data, such as the actual and budget results for their specific department.
- Assist Manager of Financial Accounting on special projects as needed
- May perform other duties as required.
Knowledge And Skill Requirements
- Strong communication and analytical skills
- Unyielding attention to detail and timeliness; strives for a high degree of excellence in work quality and execution
- Understands the big picture and easily grasps the relationship between detailed accounting tasks (debits/credit) and high-level financial statement presentation.
- Able to work well with all levels of the organization (clerks, interns, executives, administrative assistants)
- Heavy team-orientation (willing to do whatever is requested of the person or team; has a good sense of patience and humility); results oriented
- Quick learner; self-motivated
- Superior integrity
- Robust work ethic (takes responsibility for his/her work)
- Flexible to change (e.g. workload, responsibilities, and organizational structures)
- SOX controls focused
- Process improvement oriented
- Proficiency with financial reporting and general ledger systems, such as Oracle or other top tier ERP systems and Excel (e.g. pivot tables)
- Strong knowledge and prior use of financial statement elements, such as chart of accounts, cost centers, financial roll-ups, and the proper classification and presentation of financial data in balance sheets and P&Ls.
Education and Experience
Degree in Accounting/Finance. 2 or more years of public accounting or 5 years industry experience or equivalent combination of years of experience and education. CPA highly preferred.