- Associates required, Bachelor's degree preferred
- Higher education may be substituted for experience
Minimum Work Experience
- 2 or more years or more experience in a Hospital or inbound medical customer service/call center setting
Required Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities
- Excellent communication skills
- Proficient with Outlook and working with dual monitors
- Strong attention to detail
- Familiarity with medical terminology
- Ability to multitask, can work in a fast paced clinical environment, can engage patients, peers, and supervisors in a dedicated, comforting, respectful and effective way and has the ability to adapt to change.
- Along with the Manager, Call Center, helps to successfully manage the daily operations of the Call Center and supervises the Patient Service representatives and Patient Service Coordinators
- Participates in policy/procedure reviews for updating policies and procedures.
- Acts as a resource to staff for addressing clinical, process, and system opportunities for improvement which promote excellence in care and clinical outcomes
- Functions as Manager, Call Center in absence of Manager.
- Functions as backup Call Center Patient Representatives as needed.
- Serves as a member of organizational and departmental meetings, work groups, and committees as requested
- Respond to incoming phone requests from patients, provider offices and hospitals with courteous and accurate information.
- Utilize EMR to schedule, change or cancel appointments, register patients and accurately document all patient requests and information.
- Utilize Outlook and phone system to coordinate with other staff members to resolved patient issues
- Ensure call efficiency
- Always use strong customer service skills to ensure patient and provider satisfaction.
- Work professionally with all team members of the Call Center and all employees
- Acting as a liaison with patients, referrals, general practitioners, health care professionals, and patient's family member in a compassionate and kind manner
- Relaying and confidentially communicating both orally and in written form any notes or questions patients may have
- Other office responsibilities, assigned by supervisor as deemed necessary