At Fitbit, our mission is to help people lead healthier, more active lives by empowering them with data, inspiration and guidance to reach their goals.
We started our journey in 2007—as a team of two with one big idea. Since then, we've grown to over 1,500 employees, sold over 60mm devices, and built a health and fitness community across the globe. In fact, the Fitbit Community has taken enough steps to walk from the Sun to Pluto! Offering award-winning products, a top-rated mobile app and an easy-to-use online dashboard, Fitbit provides personalized experiences that help our users reach their goals. With a reenergized focus on innovative devices, interactive experiences, and enterprise health we are transforming the way consumers and businesses see health & fitness.
From your first steps as a Fitbitter, you will be at the forefront of developing new products. Our culture combines the spirit of startup with the perks of being public. We offer a competitive benefits package and amazing perks like unlimited snacks, Friday happy hours, onsite workout classes, and a strong focus on a healthy work-life balance. As part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to grow your career, contribute your ideas to life-changing products and services, and—above all—have fun doing it.
Fitbit's HQ campus is located in the heart of San Francisco with office locations in Boston, San Diego and around the world. Think you've found your fit?
Would you like to work for Fitbit to ensure we have the greatest technical Instructors in the world delivering world-class training experiences? Do you have a strong belief in the value of personal fitness and health? Do you love to contribute to a collaborative, team environment?
Fitbit is seeking a Training Certification Program Manager and seasoned Instructor who will be responsible for our Global Instructor Certification program reporting to the Director of Learning & Development.
Summary of Responsibilities
- Lead our training delivery programs that support Fitbit's Customer Service department goals including key performance indicators
- Maintain Instructor Competency Model
- Conduct Health Checks at all Fitbit sites to ensure compliance to the Instructor Certification program
- Meet assigned deadlines and delivery schedules
- Conduct discovery and needs assessment of Instructor competencies
Classroom Delivery - Seasoned delivery skills in both instructor led and virtual instructor led programs - Strong classroom management skills, ability to maintain high learner engagement, value adds to lesson plans, develops activities to improve learning. Ability to teach new hire training and transition courses from multiple channels and lines of business
Train the Trainer Programs - Ability to plan and deliver this program for new Instructors. Includes completing observations and providing coaching and feedback. Ongoing coaching of Instructors.
Program / Project Management - Able to lead cross functional projects with little manager day-to-day involvement. Uses knowledge of training department and business goals to bring appropriate resources together to accomplish program and project goals. Reviews progress and evaluates results with management
Curriculum Development - Builds strong relationships with development team providing constructive feedback to improve curriculum. Independently develops classroom activities and ideas to improve learning. Effectively communicates ideas to development team.
Qualifications & Experience
- Demonstrated leader with track record and training background
- Minimum 8 years of experience in technical training delivery and certification
- Wide-ranging experience using professional concepts and company objectives to resolve complex issues in creative and effective ways
- Exercises judgment in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
- Determines methods and procedures on new assignments, and may provide guidance to other personnel.
- Successful track record as effective Program & Project Manager, responsible for coordinating multiple projects
- Knowledge and understanding of adult learning theory, instructional design methodologies for classroom, self-guided and virtual training delivery methods.
- Bachelor's or master degree in science, education or related disciplines is preferred.
- Demonstrated success in developing, executing and sustaining global Instructor Certification programs
- Leadership and management skills to work with the entire Fitbit training partner ecosystem to ensure compliancy and excellence
- Ability to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines and timelines
- At ease engaging with a wide variety of internal and external stakeholders and senior leaders
- Developing talent, especially Instructors and program managers
- Ability to influence and motivate our training partner and Fitbit internal teams
- Strong attention to detail and ability to prioritize effectively and delegate responsibly with effective oversight.
- Strong problem solving/analytical skills.
Additional Skills and Experience
- Customer Service experience
- Contact Center (Phone, email, chat support) tier 1 and/or tier 2 agent experience
- Instructor Certification or Accreditations earned
- Global travel required
Fitbit is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, hire, train, promote, pay, and administer all personnel actions without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), sex stereotyping (including assumptions about a person's appearance or behavior, gender roles, gender expression, or gender identity), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, military or veteran status, genetic information or other statuses protected by law. We interpret these protected statuses broadly to include both the actual status and any perceptions and assumptions made regarding these statuses.
San Francisco applicants:
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance Fitbit will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.