If you want an exciting job with one of the largest off-price retailers in the nation, join the Burlington Stores, Inc. team as an Manager of Corporate Systems! Are you a detail-oriented technology expert with experience in coding, tests, debugs, implements and documents programs? Would you thrive in an environment that encourages creativity and thinking outside the box? Are you a team-player who would work well in a fast-paced technology department where you have to think on your feet and solve problems as they emerge? If so, this may be the right opportunity for you!
The Manager of Corporate Systems will work closely with IT and business-unit management to align priorities and execute systems upgrades, enhancements and support of corporate, store and external customers in accordance with the software development lifecycle (“SDLC”). The individual will have a key role in managing and influencing the direction of the Corporate Systems footprint and support model within the organization.
The individual will be focused on implementation and support of critical web-based technologies, both desktop and mobile that enable stores, Operations, Human Resources, Finance, Real Estate, Procurement, Legal, Vendor Relations and executive management to support growth and decision-making. Primary Corporate systems span the HR, Finance, and Store Operations functional areas. Primary Finance & HR systems include: General Ledger, Payables, Human Capital Management, Payroll and Time & Attendance and Learning Management.
The individual will have the vision to look beyond the company's current capabilities and processes to help align IT development and support with business activities. The individual will have a positive customer service approach and be responsible for developing and leading a support team that may include internal and external resources as part of the team. The individual will build relationships with key partners, such as Finance, MIO, HR, and Store Operations, to resolve technology and process issues quickly.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
Finance & HR Application Development Team
Business Relationship Management & IT Strategic Objectives:
- Manage continuous process improvement of EDI vendor support – automating manual tasks and streamlining processes for efficiencies
- Act as primary technical point of contact for support of HR applications including integrations of SaaS-based HCM, Learning and Performance Management systems, and help coordinate the change management process, issue troubleshooting, and escalations both internally and externally with vendors as needed.
- Build and foster strong working relationships with Finance, Tax, Real Estate and Accounts Payable to meet accelerated book close schedules
- Manage the prioritization and analysis of enhancements, bug fixes and integration requests
- Ensure quality and completeness of solution (application requirements and feature design)
- Coach and mentor team members on professional development and customer service
- Conduct staff meetings to help employees align their work with business goals
- Monitor and proactively address application performance and security concerns
- Support the Change, Compliance, Performance and Problem Management processes
- Assist in crafting short and long-term applications roadmaps for Corporate Systems
- Proactively work with key business partners including the Controller, Assistant Controller, Director of Payroll, Director of Tax, and VP HRIS, Benefits & Compensation, and other key stakeholders in the Store Operations, Finance, Procurement and HR areas to establish priorities and manage projects
- Participate in business meetings and steering committees as required
- Educate and influence business partner decisions surrounding the applications and hardware portfolio
- Support data security, disaster recovery and technology refresh initiatives
B.S. degree in computer science or related technical field, or equivalent experience. Experience managing high-performance, customer-focused work teams/support groups. 5-10 years’ experience in leading successful development and implementation of projects in complex matrixed organization with numerous constituents.
Posting Number 2018-81373
Location US-NJ-Edgewater Park
Address 4287 Route 130 S
Zip Code 08010
Position Type Regular Full-Time
Career Site Category Corporate
Position Category Information Technology