Our company, Pediatric Specialty Care is currently seeking a transformational leader to develop and expand nursing services for all of our Pediatric Facilities in Pennsylvania.
This position has oversight, responsibility, and authority over all patient care services, quality, and patient safety related activities within Pediatric Specialty Care. Directs the efforts of all the performance improvement initiatives to ensure overall compliance with all regulatory standards including national, state, CMS, 3800 & 6400, and other agencies. Consults with the COO in the development of organization operating budgets as it relates to all state, federal, and local regulations laws, nursing and clinical practice standards and protocols. The incumbent works with clinicians and administrators to improve overall patient safety and systems-level outcomes. Supports, promotes and encourages a culture of safety throughout the organization. Ensures compliance with patient care quality standards as it relates to the care provided to patient population served consistent with all applicable regulations.
- Promotes the mission, vision, and values of the organization.
- Organizes, directs, and administers the Nursing/Patient Care Services in order to provide the level of care required by current medical and nursing standards.
- Supports and develops Nursing/Patient Care Services in the coordination of the employee selection process, work assignments, performance evaluations, and staff development for these services.
- Maintains continuing quality assessment and improvement analysis and evaluation of patient care delivery and communicates with Administration on the activities/issues of Nursing/Patient Care Services.
- Facilitates alignment between improvement initiatives and the organizations strategic plan; directs the day-to-day execution of the strategies and tactics necessary to successfully improve the outcomes and results of the organization.
- Responsible for facilitating organizations system-wide Quality program; to include supporting analyzing data, maintaining policies and procedures and reporting to the Quality Board.
- Leads the PSC Policy and Procedure Committee including the development of annual policy review processes, new policy development, and staff education assuring that all aspects of the policy and procedure processes are compliant with all applicable regulations.
- Works closely with Clinical and Non-Clinical teams for improvement on key performance indicators, designs processes for new initiatives, services and other targets identified by Executive leadership team.
- Serves as an internal consultant to executive team, staff, and physicians in the areas of regulatory, process improvement, performance monitoring, and statistical analysis.
- Plans and recommends to Administration new facilities or equipment, or modification thereto, needed to provide patient care.
- Participate and collaborate in policy decisions that affect Nursing/Patient Care Services in the hospital.
- Analyzes all assigned areas for opportunities of improvement and makes applicable recommendations for process, system, procedure, and operational changes to improve healthcare value and quality.
- Use problem-solving and conflict resolution skills to foster effective work relationships with team members.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing
- Current licensure to practice in Pennsylvania as a Registered Nurse (RN)
- Master’s degree in Nursing preferred
- Critical Care Nursing experience preferred
- Prior experience as a Chief Nursing Officer preferred
- Basic Life Support certification required
Job Type: Full-time
- critical care nursing: 1 year (Preferred)
- Chief Nursing Officer: 1 year (Preferred)
- PA RN (Required)
- BLS Certification (Required)