We are seeking a Research Assistant to join the Division of Health System Innovation and Research (HSIR). This person will gather, organize and analyze data through interviews, literature searches, medical record reviews and related methods for use in studies, publications and other research related uses.
This is an exciting opportunity to collaborate with the Division Chief and the Research Program Manager to coordinate, manage, and implement a portfolio of health services research. The Research Assistant is an essential member of the HSIR team who will:
1. Recruit and consent eligible patients
2. Contact participants for follow-up consultation,
3. Carry out study eligibility screening of patients in a clinic setting
4. Explain the study protocol and inclusion criteria to physicians, patients, and health care providers in person and by phone
5. Collect and record required data on paper and/or in electronic form
6. Complete medical chart reviews
7. Work with research teams and clinicians to meet enrollment goals and study deadlines
8. Attend team and study meetings
9. Work with confidential health information and complete the necessary training to do so
10. Assist with overall project management.
11. Perform other duties as needed
1. Collects and compiles data from a variety of sources; may enter data into a study database.
2. May edit research papers, project reports, proposals and other materials prior to publication or presentation.
3. May work with research personnel in the design and preparation of research projects and in recording data.
Analyzes problems to create a list of alternatives that can be reviewed with the Principal Investigator. Over time, acts independently in devising and executing solutions to problems as they arise. Problems would be referred to superior based upon predetermined guidelines set by the department.
Bachelor’s degree in a Social or Behavioral Science, Liberal Arts, or a field related to the area of research, or equivalency; one year of experience in research and analytical techniques; demonstrated statistical and quantitative analysis experience; and demonstrated human relation and effective communication skills required.
Applicants must demonstrate the potential ability to perform the essential functions of the job as outlined in the position description.
1. An understanding of research protocols and procedures
2. Comfortable with Microsoft Suite and computer
Type Benefited Staff Special Instructions Summary