D.R. Horton, Inc., the largest homebuilder in the U.S., was founded in 1978 and is a publicly traded company on the New York Stock Exchange. It is engaged in the construction and sale of high quality homes designed principally for the entry-level and first time move-up markets. The Company also provides mortgage financing and title services for homebuyers through its mortgage and title subsidiaries. Please visit our website at www.drhorton.com for more information.
D.R. Horton, Inc. is currently looking for an Equipment Mechanic. The right candidate maximize the golf course equipment’s condition and health within the budget provided. Manage all aspects of the club’s agronomy operation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Ensure all members and guests receive the highest level of service.
- Ensure that the golf course, clubhouse grounds, and maintenance building presentation and appearance is always clean, pleasing to the eye, and impeccable in its presentation, following the guidelines as set forth and measured in the Mosaic Operational Audit.
- Maintain a safe work environment for all agronomy associates, providing regular training to them in this area.
- Follow and implement the management directives, programs, and policies sent to the club by Mosaic.
- Practice management by touring the golf course daily to ensure it is operating according to Mosaic standards.
- Have daily communication with the Golf Course Superintendent regarding the golf course conditions and its playability.
- Assist the Superintendent in the preparation of the club’s annual agronomy budget and financial goals, then monitor and manage the repair and maintenance dollars in the achievement of these goals.
- Maintain the operation of all maintenance equipment, including turf equipment, along with calibration and operation of each. Notify the Superintendent of any expensive repairs or suspected abuse of equipment.
- Routinely inspect equipment for operating deficiencies. Repair and adjust where needed, and maintain detailed repair records on all maintenance pieces.
- Train the staff to use each equipment piece properly and safely, and to clean said equipment.
- Conduct all business in a professional and ethical manner to serve customers and increase the goodwill and profit of the company
- Ability to work overtime
- Assist in overseeing all capital improvements to the golf course.
- Assist the golf department with any issues it may have with its golf carts and range picker or any other course vehicle.
- Assist the food and beverage department with any issues it may have with its beverage cart or any other course vehicle.
- Keep all permits and licenses pertaining to the agronomy department up-to-date.
- Handle all chemicals and hazardous substances safely and according to the law.
- Change oils and filters according to the equipment tech manuals.
- Grind reels and be able to set HOC as specified by Superintendent.
- Attend the monthly agronomy staff meeting with the golf course personnel that covers training, customer service, and progress since the prior month.
Significant experience in troubleshooting and repairing electrical, small engine, and fabricate repairs on equipment.
A thorough working knowledge of the club’s agronomy operation.
The endurance and commitment to work the long hours (minimum 50 hours per week) and weekend work that the club business requires.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written oral form or via DRH applications
Proficiency with MS Office and email
Ability to stand and walk for 4 hours straight or up to a full 8-hour day; sit for extended periods; kneel and bend at the waist; climb, balance and stoop, crouch or crawl; walk up and down stairs; walk on unlevel terrain; use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. Ability to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision and peripheral vision
Regular exposure to outside weather conditions, moving mechanical parts, high precarious places and risk of electrical shock. The noise level is generally loud
The ability to provide exemplary member and customer service.
The ability to get along with people.
Come join a winning team with a Fortune 500 company! We are growing fast and are looking for enthusiastic attitudes and team players to join our success. We offer an excellent benefits package including:
- Medical, Vision and Dental
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Flex Spending Accounts
- Life Insurance
- Vacation, Sick, Personal Time and Company Holidays
Build YOUR future with D.R. Horton, America’s Builder.
Follow us on social media @hortoncareers for an inside look at our company and connect with us on LinkedIn for up to date job listings!
LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram
South Carolina-West Columbia
Jan 17, 2019, 9:48:52 AM