Mediscan Staffing Services is currently seeking experienced Ultrasound Technologists / Diagnostic Medical Sonographers to assist with coverage throughout the LA area. Hours would be based on your availability for work with some assignments fulfilling a 40 hour work week.
- A certification from an accredited Ultrasound/Sonography school
- Active RDMS license preferred.
- Ability to scan General and Vascular exams preferred.
- Minimum one year paid work experience as an Ultrasound Technologist / Diagnostic Medical Sonographer preferred.
- Excellent verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Current BLS card
- Current TB Test
- Successfully pass all of Mediscan and Cross Country screening exams with a score of 80% or greater.
- Must meet all of Mediscan and Cross Country pre-employment screening requirements
- Ultrasound Technologist / Diagnostic Medical Sonographershould be able to explain ultrasound procedures to patients so they feel comfortable with the experience
- Ultrasound Technologist / Diagnostic Medical Sonographershould be able to calibrate, maintain and control all ultrasound equipment
- Should be able to perform ultrasounds on 10-15 patients per day, on average
- Take sonogram still images and video for physician and patients
- Ultrasound Technologist / Diagnostic Medical Sonographershould be able to follow specific instructions said by the Physician. Will be able to refrain from commenting to patients unless specifically instructed to do so.
- Arrive to work on time
- Notify Physicians of any abnormalities or concerns immediately
- Chart ultrasound results when required
- Soothe and reassure nervous or anxious patients
- OtherUltrasound Technologist / Diagnostic Medical Sonographerduties as assigned.
- Competitive Pay & weekly paychecks
- Flexible schedules
- Great career growth opportunities
- Health, dental, vision, and life insurance
- 401(k) savings plan
- Benefit eligibility is dependent on employment status.
If you are interested in hearing more about the exciting opportunities with Mediscan, please visit www.mediscan.net and submit your contact information online. You can also call 818-758-4224 and ask to speak with one of our recruiters.
Job Type: Temporary
- paid Ultrasound Technologist/Diagnostic Medical Sonographer: 1 year
- BLS for Healthcare Providers (CPR and AED)