Job Summary and Purpose:
Responsible for monthly payroll analysis, assisting Reporting Manager with monthly non-payroll reporting and coordination and completion of annual budgets. Contributes toward the preparation of monthly presentations and forecasts.
Responsibilities and Key Duties:
Core Competencies and Attitudinal Characteristics:
- Posts payroll including bi-weekly and off-cycle payroll runs, bonus and other accruals and maintains corresponding spreadsheets.
- Prepares monthly payroll reports, including headcount and variance analysis.
- Reconciles payroll balance sheet and P&L accounts versus payroll registers. Identifies and resolves any employee coding issues with Human Resources.
- Assists in the monthly reporting and analysis process. Prepares monthly estimate files, reconciliations and bridges. Assists in preparing monthly presentations and flash results file and corresponding flash templates for Controllers/Financial Analysts.
- Assists in reconciling upstream margin for each Business Unit and works with individuals units to resolve issues.
- Assists in the preparation of other financial reports as needed.
- Supports the coordination of the annual budgeting process. Assist in the creation and maintenance of calendar of deadlines. Sends weekly reminders for deadlines and process status to Controllers and others involved in the budget process.
- Prepares new headcount requests files for all business units and coordinates the completion and receipt of updated files from managers.
Technical / Functional Competencies:
- Glass Half Full - demonstrates an enthusiasm for building and growing a business. Not discouraged by momentary failure. Does not make excuses. Focuses on the upside and what is within your control.
- Solutions Partner - takes ownership for solving problems. Develops creative ways to keep or win business. Takes the initiative; does not wait to be told what to do. Seeks self improvement.
- Work Ethic - self-driven and self-motivated. Does what it takes to get the job done and then some.
- Has a Plan and Works It - manages the work assigned as though it is your own business.
- Failure is Not an Option - demonstrates grit and tenacity. Does not give up. Has a tremendous desire to win.
- Flexibility / Embraces Change - embraces new ideas and new ways of working. Continuously seeks to improve the work environment and the job itself.
- Financial Acumen
- Analytical Skills
- Planning and Organization
- Communication Skills – Written and Verbal
- Attention to Detail
Education – Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance required.
Work Experience – Two years accounting or financial analysis experience.
Other – Intermediate to Advanced knowledge of MS Excel.
Verbal and written communication – 50% or more
Visual inspection – 50% or more
Typical office environment.
No overnight travel anticipated.
- VEVRAA Federal Contractor
**Ceva is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, actual or perceived sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Ceva encourages men and women, members of all racial and ethnic groups, individuals with disabilities and veterans to apply.