The Alexa Skills Kit technical documentation educates developers who are creating world-class voice experiences using the APIs, services, tools, and code samples in the Alexa Skills Kit. To enable people to build great Alexa skills, the documentation gets developers up and running quickly, describing product details clearly in a way that is easy for developers to consume and follow.
As a technical writer/editor, you'll work with the tech writers and the technical teams to create and drive quality standards and edit and produce the developer documentation in a cross-functional, distributed environment. You'll drive editorial process to ensure a high-quality experience for developers. You'll also serve as the writer and quality control on projects where partner teams are onboarded to publish to the developer portal.
You'll bring your background in technical documentation and a passion for producing cutting-edge content to help keep Amazon a leader in voice experience. You have a strong understanding of customer needs and experience acting as a customer advocate, as well as experience editing in-depth content for developer products and the ability to drive consistency and unity across documentation sets. In addition, the ideal candidate has experience as a project manager and enjoys coordinating and driving documentation projects.
- Bachelor's Degree in English, Technical Communications, Computer Science, Learning Technology, or related field
- 3 years of experience editing technical documentation for a developer audience
- Experience managing multiple projects and setting schedules and priorities
- Experience performing developmental edits as well as copy edits
- Experience developing standards around style
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Passion to thrive in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment.
- A proactive and open-minded attitude to resolving problems and delivering results.
- Expertise with markdown, HTML, CSS, and static site generators
- Experience with writing in a structured authoring environment and using distributed source control
- Experience writing for an international audience
- Aptitude for creating, maintaining, and adhering to style guides and standard processes
- Obsessive about technical accuracy
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation