The Manual Warehouse Picker is responsible for gathering products manually with the use of a pallet jack to fulfill orders. The Manual Warehouse Picker must be observant to select the product by sku, color, carton count and correct quantity. Products must be handled with care to prevent damage while using the pallet jack taking product to the loading docks.
1. Experience as an order picker or another warehouse position
2. Experience using a manual pallet jack
3. Able to read and write in English
4. High School Diploma or equivalent
1. Good math, language and reading skills
2. High degree of attention required to prevent injury to others; promote a safe work environment
3. Follow instructions for operating equipment
4. Execute assignments in an accurate, timely and safe manner
5. Great attention to detail
6. Diligent and punctual
7. Must be able to work under deadline pressure as organizational skills are the key to finding and providing products quickly.
8. Good physical strength and stamina
9. Schedule Flexibility, schedule determined by business needs
10. Must have reliable transportation and history of excellent attendance and punctuality
1. Retrieve orders according to quantity, size, color, etc. ensuring accuracy.
2. Build pallets with orders and position them to loading docks.
3. Inspect ordered merchandise for defects, especially open boxes and obvious ones.
4. Compare quantity and identity of products with documentation of order to ensure it is accurately filled.
5. Move order to loading dock to be labeled and verified.
6. Identifying damages and report shortages or quality deficiencies.
7. Operate warehouse equipment safely and efficiently while meeting productivity and quality expectations.
8. Conduct duties in a manner that promotes a safe environment.
9. Abide by all company rules and policies regarding conduct and safety.
10. Locate products both manually and using RF scanners.
11. Follow proper loading and safety procedures at all times.
12. Stack shipments into trucks/containers as needed.
1. Must be able to regularly lift and move 50 pounds
2. Must be able to stand for long periods of time and able to bend and reach overhead.
3. Good physical strength and stamina
4. Must be able to operate a manual pallet jack
5. Repeated bending, reaching, twisting, stooping
6. Stand/walk/sit up to 8 hours per shift; kneel/squat occasionally
7. Having good eye-hand-foot coordination
Note: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as required to meet the ongoing needs of Sofamania.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $11.00 /hour