Kendo Holdings, Inc. is a San Francisco-based beauty brand developer and wholesaler owned by LVMH Moët Hennessy - Louis Vuitton, the world’s largest luxury group. A play on the words “can do”, Kendo has become the hub of creativity and next generation beauty product development for global Sephora channels and selective retailers outside of Sephora.
Through original development, collaborations and acquisitions the Kendo stable of brands will always be creative, inspiring and innovative. A dynamic engine of speed, expertise and market-savvy, the Kendo team continues to redefine the beauty industry through great product, great storytelling, great retail and direct-to-consumer partnerships. This shows up in everything we do and in what we stand for:
“Can Do” Spirit: We work together to make our wildest dreams a reality: As entrepreneurs, we embrace optimism and find creative ways to reach our goals
- Advocacy, Diversity, and Inclusion: We recognize and celebrate the full spectrum of personal identities. We create safe spaces so everyone’s voice is heard. We listen with humility and act with courage.
- Storytelling: We tell authentic stories like no one else: It’s our key to inspire trust and build relationships, rallying, our people, partners, and consumers around our brands.
- Resilience: We embrace challenges as opportunities. Change is ever-constant, and agility is our strength.
- Product Excellence: We put the consumers first: We constantly raise the bar to create products of the highest quality that everyone just has to have.
As a condition of employment, Kendo requires all newly hired employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by their start date unless they have requested and received an exemption from the Company in the form of a reasonable accommodation due to a qualifying medical condition or a sincerely held religious belief or practice.
The salary range for this position is $137,083 - $171,354 based upon a San Francisco location. Offered salary is dependent upon experience and location. Kendo Total Rewards offerings also include an annual bonus and a comprehensive benefits package including: medical, dental and vision insurance, flex paid time off program, parental leave, employee discount/perks, a retirement plan with employer contributions, Summer Fridays, opportunity to work from anywhere for a month in the summer and July and December wellness/shutdown weeks for applicable positions.
The Kendo house of brands currently includes: Fenty Beauty, Fenty Skin, KVD Beauty, Lip Lab, Ole Henriksen.
Kendo Brands has a hybrid work model with three days in office and two days remote each week.
This position can be located in San Francisco or New York City.
The Art Director is responsible for creating sustainable, inspiring, innovative package design for the FENTY brands. This position is key to demonstrate creative vision, translate, evolve and own brand packaging by bringing concepts to life to and tell a story through design.
Produce high-level, on strategy creative solutions that meet Kendo standard of creative excellence
- Develop original ideas and concepts that answer product briefs through multiple design solutions with consistency of being on target with objectives and brand strategy
- Review proposed designs with Design Director and SVP of Packaging prior to sharing with cross-functional teams to ensure design aesthetics and requirements are met
- Drive the execution of product branding by developing and managing consistent product and packaging codes across core products, line extensions, seasonal campaigns and promotions
- Drive package design development for upcoming programs/launches on designated brands
- Partner with product development and packaging teams to achieve the highest level of quality for each project- understanding limitations due to timing, costs, etc.
- Own presentation of packaging designs to cross-functional team, including development/completion of 3D renderings and comps
- Own the translation of approved master creative compositions and lay outs into the various sizes and formats needed for products while maintaining the original creative intent and specs (including dies, bleed, trim, type safety, resolution, color mode); effectively manage files to ensure accessibility for print specs
- Act as the liaison with Senior Production Artist to ensure artwork is delivered accurately and on-time
Multi-disciplinary designer with 8+ years of overall experience in the beauty or fashion, packaging design experience required
- BA or BFA in Design, Arts, and/or Graphic Design
- Advanced/Expert Apple computer skills in Adobe Creative Cloud Suite, with a specialty within Illustrator, Photoshop, and InDesign
- Detail oriented designer who is comfortable with shifting design direction and working on multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
- Must possess strong interpersonal skills and creative resolution skills
- Self-starter who will participates in all aspects of the programs from concept through execution
- Ability to quickly generate concepts and visually communicate those ideas with renderings and/or comps
- Ability to take initiative and know how to design ahead proactively without always being prompted
- Demonstrated ability to meet tight timelines and work productively in a team environment are required
- Excellent time management skills with ability to project manage workload autonomously is a must
- Ability to give and take creative direction
- Must have excellent eye for color and typography
- Very strong organizational skills
- Strong presentation, oral and written communications skills with professional demeanor
- Passion for graphic design and beauty with a sense of both current and developing trends in print/pattern, art, and packaging
Flexible work from home options available.