Location: Exton, PA
Due to the confidential nature of the work, all essential functions must be performed on FARO premises.
FARO Technologies, Inc. is continuing to develop new products that will revolutionize and disrupt the high-tech measurement and imaging industry. We are a global company traded on the NASDAQ stock exchange with a passion for excellence and success.
FARO has a culture of innovation and an absolute commitment to reliability at all touch points. We encourage employee success by offering excellent benefits and a variety of career and training opportunities. FARO is completely focused on simplifying processes through innovation, integrity, teamwork, accountability and a friendly work environment.
: The IT Specialist will be the primary point of contact for end users at FARO for IT support. Day to day tasks include receiving and resolving incidents and service requests relating to desktop, laptops, mobile devices, Office365, telephony and cloud based technologies (box.com, Teams, BlueJeans, SalesForce, Okta, etc.) IT Specialists are responsible to order, stage and deploy various end user hardware and software. IT Specialist will perform end user computing in administration of Microsoft Active Directory (AD), Office 365 Exchange Online and SCCM Server environment all working within the limits of established policy.
How you will make a difference @ FARO:
- Provide remote IT support for remote employees with technical issues and questions
- Provide in-person support to employees with technical issues and questions.
- Work with users on diagnosing, troubleshooting, and solving a variety of hardware/software problems.
- Configure new desktop and laptop systems for employees.
- Plans and coordinates the purchase, installation and implementation of hardware and software according to company standards and procedures.
- Provide support to maintain health and availability of our private and public facing servers. Be able to evaluate, prioritize and respond to incoming requests via phone, e-mail, voice mail or in person.
- Installs, tests and configures hardware components and additions to network sites Receives requests for assistance regarding desktop and computer related problems including hardware, software and peripheral printers and related equipment and determines severity of problems and resolves or refers to the appropriate staff or vendor.
- Maintains accurate equipment inventory records, network and system problem records, copyright compliance, and network documentation
- Perform hands-on fixes at the desktop level, including installing and upgrading software, installing hardware, implementing file backups, and configuring systems and applications
- Participates in the planning, implementation and installation of new desktop computer units and peripherals.
- Research problems prior to escalating to tier 2 and tier 3 support
- Creating and troubleshooting core client technologies such as Group Policies, Office and Internet Explorer customizations, and logon scripts.
- Review and respond to inquiries from network system users. Determine user requirements. Identify and diagnose problems with hardware, software or configuration of equipment and make repairs or recommend changes to hardware and/or software to resolve problems. Utilize technical support from hardware or software manufacturers as a resource to aid in identifying and resolving complex computer related problems.
- Work with users, technical staff, vendors and contractors as required to evaluate current systems and processes, define technical requirements, and assist in the selection of vendors and applications to meet the organizations requirements. Implement authorized programs, monitoring the work of outside contractors and other technical staff involved.
- Assist the IT Department to resolves problems as needed to ensure that customers receive prompt, efficient service in accordance with company policies. Any system down-time addressed with the appropriate sense of urgency and documented root causes analysis, presented to Sr. Management and process improvements implemented to minimize future interruptions
- Ensure all SLAs are within the corporate policies.
- Evaluate and configure the installation of new or upgraded applications software and operating systems. Create and maintain system administration tools and troubleshoot as needed when problems are encountered.
- Experience using SCCM (preferably 2012) to deploy software, Microsoft security updates, and third-party software updates.
- Performs "hands on" work (i.e., pulling cables, installing printers, servers, workstations, writing configurations, etc.) when necessary
- Monitors delivery against SLAs and reports exceptions to management
- Prepare purchase requisitions for approved items as required.
- Perform or assist with any departmental operations, as required or directed to maintain workflow and meet production schedules and requirements.
- Maintain safe work areas and comply with safety procedures and equipment operating rules.
- Attend and participate in a variety of meetings and task force groups to integrate activities, communicate issues, obtain approvals, resolve problems and maintain specific level of knowledge pertaining to new developments, requirements and policies.
- Recommend revisions to control documentation such as production checklists, operating procedures and policy manuals. Make and distribute authorized modifications as required.
- Maintain work area in a clean and orderly condition. Perform other related duties as assigned.
- 5-7 years’ experience in the following areas:
- Medium to Large IT Enterprise Environment
- Desktop, laptop and mobile hardware support
- Cloud Solutions (AWS, Azure, Office 365, Box.com, BlueJeans)
- Server Administration (AD, GPO, DNS, WINS DHCP)
- Microsoft and Apple Desktop OS
- Microsoft Office Products (2010-2016)
- VoIP Telephone Systems (Fuze preferred)
- Video Conference (BlueJeans, Teams)
- Apple Support (MacBook Pro)
- VPN - Cisco
- ITIL (Issue Mgmt., Problem Mgmt., Change Mgmt.)
- User service (troubleshooting user problems, upgrading workstation, maintaining workstations)
- Preferred certification or experience in any of the following, but not required:
- Certifications: A+, Network +, MCP, MSCE, MCITP given additional consideration
FARO has excellent benefits
for you and your family. We not only care for our employees, but also to their immediate family members. We believe in a balanced work-life and have developed programs and benefits plans to support that ethic, such as:
- A competitive paid time off bank and paid holidays
- Medical, dental, life and AD&D insurance plans
- Pre-tax flex spending accounts for medical and dependent care
- 401K with employer match
- Tuition reimbursement
- Training opportunities
- Wellness fairs
- Frequent lunch and learns to help educate employees about various issues affecting their lives
- Other employee events
FARO is the world's most trusted source for 3D measurement, imaging and realization technology. The Company develops and markets computer-aided measurement and imaging devices and software for the following vertical markets:
- Factory Metrology - High-precision 3D measurement, imaging and comparison of parts and complex structures within production and quality assurance processes
- Construction BIM-CIM - 3D capture of as-built construction projects and factories to document complex structures and perform quality control, planning and preservation
- Public Safety Forensics - Capture and analysis of on-site real world data to investigate crash, crime and fire, plan security activities and provide virtual reality training for public safety personnel
- Product Design - Capture detailed and precise 3D data from existing products permitting CAD analysis and redesign, after market design and legacy part replication
- 3D Machine Vision - 3D vision for both control and measurement to the manufacturing floor through 3D sensors and custom solutions
FARO's global headquarters is located in Lake Mary, Florida. The Company also has a technology center and manufacturing facility consisting of approximately 90,400 square feet located in Exton, Pennsylvania containing research and development, manufacturing and service operations of our FARO Laser TrackerTM and FARO Cobalt Array Imager product lines. The Company's European regional headquarters is located in Stuttgart, Germany and its Asia-Pacific regional headquarters is located in Singapore. FARO has other offices in the United States, Canada, Mexico, Brazil, Germany, the United Kingdom, France, Spain, Italy, Poland, Turkey, the Netherlands, Switzerland, India, China, Malaysia, Thailand, South Korea, Japan, and Australia.
If you have a winning history of Information Technologies success and a passion for high-end technical products, please apply today. As an employee of FARO, you will become part of a dynamic organization which values quality, leadership, teamwork, honesty and openness as a way of life in conducting our business.
FARO Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug Free Workplace with Pre-Employment Drug Screening. EEO/AA/M/F/D/V