- East Pointe Dance is looking to hire a front desk assistant/administrator to join our awesome team! You will be responsible for overseeing the administrative activities of the organization. Looking for someone who feels that they can take on the role of jack-of-all-trades!
Please send a cover letter explaining why you would be the best candidate for this position.
*This is a part-time position during the summer that could continue as part-time starting in September or move to full time.
- Manage records and information
- Answer phones and assist customers with questions they may have regarding studio and class placement, and birthday parties . Calling people to request payments; making sales calls and asking people if they’d like to sign up
- Plan and maintain work facilities. Maintain dance studio tidyness: empty trash can if full and restock bathroom if needed.
- Provide administrative assistance to Executive Director
- Perform other office tasks (replenish office supplies, distribute mail, custodial duties, etc.)
- Process tuition payments using POS system
- Data entry in our office management system (Jackrabbit)
- Speak to parents and write emails with correct grammar
- Create email blasts through Mailchimp (use of creativity most times)
- Photograph/video students in class
- Post videos to YouTube channel and Facebook. Maintain and update social media platforms on a daily to weekly basis. Knowledge of gaining followers a plus
- Create deposit slips
- Set up and break down birthday parties
- Maintain proper business etiquette (no cell phones, even in the down time)
- Team Player. Great attitude and good energy. Lots of patience for parents and students. Reliable and punctual regarding work hours. NO cursing, our studio is an environment with lots of children and parents.
- Previous experience in administrative services or other related fields
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Strong organizational skills
- Deadline and detail-oriented
- Strong leadership qualities. Courteous and professional at all times and can accept constructive criticism.
- Good math skills
- Bilingual a plus (Spanish and/or Portuguese), but not required
- Previous experience in a performing arts environment a plus, but not required
- Reliable transportation (Please do not apply if you do not have a vehicle)
- Self-starter-takes initiative doesn’t need to be told constantly what to do; maintains focus on tasks and looks to add value
- Great communication skills. Able to own up to mistakes, so issues can be addressed. Gives ample notice if you’re going to be away/find appropriate coverage
- Ability to stay calm in stressful situations
- Extensive knowledge and use of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook )
- Discretion: can keep studio information private and not share with other staff/faculty members and/or customers
- Trained in or understanding of book keeping skills
- Comfortable working alongside employer (Executive Director) all the time
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Salary: $15.00 to $17.00 /hour
- Administrative Assistant: 2 years
Required work authorization: