MEI Pharma (Nasdaq: MEIP) is a San Diego-based oncology company focused on the clinical development of novel therapies for cancer. Our portfolio of drug candidates includes Pracinostat, an oral HDAC inhibitor being developed in combination with azacitidine for the treatment of acute myeloid leukemia (AML) and myelodysplastic syndrome (MDS). Our clinical development pipeline also includes ME-401, a highly selective oral PI3K delta inhibitor being developed for B-cell malignancies, voruciclib, a selective CDK inhibitor, and ME-344, a novel mitochondrial inhibitor. MEI currently has an open position for:
Senior Director, Marketing – New Products
The role will be responsible for building and managing the New Product Planning Team for MEI Pharma Inc. (MEI). This role will be accountable for providing cross functional strategic commercial insights that will inform product development team decisions for all pipeline assets.
On an ongoing basis the position will be responsible for establishing partnerships with R&D and Clinical in designing pre-clinical, clinical, lifecycle studies and trials to ensure differentiation-impacting decisions are driven commercially to ensure development of innovative, differentiated products that meet unmet needs.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Lead initiatives to continually assess the commercial values, competitive landscapes and market differentiations (incorporating KOL advice) of the early assets and develop and communicate commercial priorities for resource allocation and decision making.
- Lead and execute market research, analytics and forecasting as needed to inform strategic plans, tactics and executive level decision making.
- Develop strategic and tactical plans that describe the progression of activities including TPP development, early positioning, segmentation, KOL identification and mapping, medical communication & education, INNs and brand naming etc. Execute on planned activities as development timing requires.
- Develop and own relationship with relevant KOLs.
- Develop and manage annual budgets, long range plans and determining the best allocation of global resources for the pipeline.
- Work with legal, regulatory, medical affairs, corporate communications, clinical development, and translational medicine to ensure global alignment of the proposed commercial strategy.
- Work with Market Access, Patient Advocacy, Medical and HEOR to develop differentiation strategies and compelling value proposition to secure appropriate market access.
- Accountable for directing competitive intelligence.
- Support Business Development in identifying and evaluating potential in-licensing, out-licensing and partnership opportunities.
- Bachelor’s degree in life sciences or Marketing required, MBA preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills are necessary as well as attention to detail and technical aptitude
- Executive director level requires at least 15 years of pharmaceutical experience with at least 10 years in pharmaceutical Marketing, 3 of which should be in New Product Marketing
- US and Global biopharmaceutical marketing experience required
- Previous product/indication launch experience required
- Oncology experience required
- Demonstrated track record of commercial success in positions with progressive responsibilities
- This job operates in a professional office environment, using standard office equipment
- Ability to sit for long periods of time, handling, feeling with hands, reaching with arms
- Regular communication (hearing/speaking)
- Routine office duties including computer keyboard use and some lifting of light-weight office equipment, supplies and files as needed
- Vision requirements include: close vision and ability to focus
- Noise conditions range from quiet to moderate
To apply for this position, upload your resume via our career link at: https://www.meipharma.com/career-application
Job Type: Full-time
- pharmaceutical marketing: 10 years (Preferred)
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Health insurance
- Healthcare spending or reimbursement accounts such as HSAs or FSAs
- Other types of insurance
- Retirement benefits or accounts
- Education assistance or tuition reimbursement
- Gym memberships or discounts
- Employee discounts
- Flexible schedules
- Workplace perks such as food/coffee and flexible work schedules