Responsible for the accurate and timely preparation of monthly financial statements for an assigned portfolio of properties following the department established processes and procedures.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
1. Analyze and post journal entries to the General Ledger for a given accounting period for an assigned portfolio.
2. Prepare and deliver Financial Statement packages for an assigned portfolio of Condominium and/or Homeowners Associations following the quality standards as instructed by Management. Verify correctness of information prior to submission.
3. Review and analyze transactions from Accounts Receivables and Accounts Payable to ensure they have been accurately coded and recorded. Identify, investigate, resolve and/or report on discrepancies.
4. Research, analyze, identify and explain any variances or unexplained items on the Income Statement and changes on the Balance Sheet.
5. Prepare the Financial Statement package and submit for review to the assigned Supervisor or Sr Accountant.
6. Answer accounting and financial questions by researching and interpreting data.
7. Provide assistance to Property Managers and Regional Directors on accounting matters related to the assigned portfolio.
8. Respond timely to requests from the Field Staff and/or Regional Directors.
9. Analyze and post end-of-year audit entries.
10. Communicate timely the potential issues that may affect the accuracy of the financial statements.
11. Collaborate with independent CPA audit firm by providing information timely and accurately when requested.
12. Approve association budgets according to department standards.
13. Follow up and work on resolution of outstanding items within financial statements.
14. Prepare individual association books for End-of-Year Closing.
15. Assist on special requests and projects as necessary.
Additional Duties & Responsibilities
1. Conduct business at all times with the highest standards of personal, professional and ethical conduct.
2. Participate in any variety of meetings and work groups to integrate activities, communicate issues, obtain approvals, resolve problems and maintain specified level of knowledge pertaining to new developments, requirements, policies, and regulatory guidelines.
3. Ensure all safety precautions are followed while performing the work.
4. Follow all policies and Standard Operating Procedures as instructed by Management.
5. Perform any range of special projects, tasks and other related duties as assigned.
No supervisory responsibilities.
Education & Experience
Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance from an accredited college or university, and minimum one to three years of experience as Staff Accountant in property management or in a full cycle accounting environment; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Knowledge, Skills & Proficiencies
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Detailed oriented with multiple tasks and information organization.
- Must have strong proficiency in Windows and Microsoft Office, including but not limited to Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Ability to work with sensitive or confidential information.
- Strong working knowledge of customer service principles and practices.
- Strong analytic skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines and work well under pressure.
- Ability to work in a team environment as well as independently and be self-driven
Tools & Equipment Used
Computer and peripherals, standard and customized software applications and tools, and usual office equipment.
Physical Requirements/Working Environment
This position works under usual office conditions. The employee is required to work at a personal computer as well as be on the phone for extended periods of time. Must be able to stand, sit and walk. The incumbent must be able to work extended and flexible hours and weekends as needed. Physical demands include ability to lift up to 10 lbs.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work involves no or minimal travel.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. This is not an all-inclusive job description; therefore, management has the right to assign or reassign schedules, duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.