- Experience with data visualization using Tableau, Quicksight, or similar tools
- Bachelor's Degree
- 3+ years of experience as an analyst or engineer in the data/BI space
- Experience with SQL
- Bachelor's degree in mathematics, statistics, engineering, finance or other equivalent quantitative discipline
- 3+ years of relevant work experience in analytics as a data scientist, data engineer, business intelligence engineer, or equivalent
- 1+ years of relevant work experience in developing and performing statistical analysis for consumer-facing machine learning-based
- Demonstrated development and application of predictive statistical procedures in languages such as R, SAS, SPS
- Experience data mining, data modeling and transformation of large scale data sources using SQL, ETL, Hadoop, Spark, Hive, EMR, or other Big Data technologies
- Knowledge of scripting for automation (e.g. Python, Perl, Ruby) and data manipulation
- Knowledge and direct experience using business intelligence reporting/visualization tools (OBIEE, Business Objects, Cognos, Tableau, MicroStrategy, SSAS Cubes, etc.)
- Experience communicating analytical outcomes through written and verbal communication
- Intermediate to expert knowledge of Excel
- Experience working cross-functionally, building and maintaining trust with internal stakeholders
Amazon Registry Services Inc. (“ARSI”) is a unique, greenfield opportunity at Amazon. We aim to fundamentally change the fabric of the Internet by re-imagining how generic Top Level Domains (gTLDs) are used as the core of an individual or organization’s internet presence or identity. We are currently focused on .BOT - building a community for developers, end-users, and devices that use voice and text-based chatbots. We are looking for a self-starter to work fast and help establish our data environment and help develop out unique ways of gathering and deploying data in AI environments. The ideal candidate is a highly analytical problem solver, extremely detail oriented, customer obsessed, and business savvy.
As our Business Intelligence Engineer you will roll up your sleeves and get hands on to deal with the challenges faced by a start-up opportunity within Amazon. As the subject matter expert, you will be the go to person for advice on the data and analytics needs for the business. You will design and build a scalable, predictive, and prescriptive analytics platform with a focus on the best ways to ingest, track and use data to fuel our growth. You will work closely with the ARSI marketing, product, finance, and engineering teams to accomplish this goal.
The ideal candidate is highly curious, enjoys data visualization, modeling and problem solving with large data sets, as well as having a keen interest in data science and AI. You are a strong collaborator and communicator, known for being right a lot and highly productive. You enjoy deep diving into data analysis, identifying root causes, and designing long-term solutions. You understand the importance of automation to achieve scale and have a track record of influencing at all levels.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Work with business customers, gathering requirements and delivering complete BI solutions.
- Partner with product managers, marketing, and finance to write queries that improve our reporting capability, create metrics dashboards, and conduct deep dives.
- Work with other technology teams to extract, transform, and load data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL (Redshift) and ability to use a major programming and scripting languages to process data for modeling
- Lead customer and marketing utilization research projects to better understand how our customers are using our product.
- Recognize and adopt standard methodologies in reporting and analysis: data integrity, test design, analysis, validation, and documentation.
- Enable effective decision making by retrieving and aggregating data from multiple sources and compiling it into a digestible and actionable format.
- Measure user experience metrics and build conversion funnel. Propose and implement projects to improve these metrics and help to drive customer experience enhancement projects.
- Communicate with various teams and external partners, raise technical and managerial issues at the right time and resolve conflicts.
- 3+ years of experience in consumer-facing software
- Graduate degree in quantitative field, such as computer science, business, mathematics, statistics, economics, or finance
- Advanced knowledge of Oracle BI tools, MySQL, Linux/UNIX
- Experience with AWS solutions such as EC2, DynamoDB, S3, and Redshift
- Strong active listener with solid written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work across teams, building and maintaining trust with internal partners
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.