Call Center Representative
Manager, Travel Services
About the role...
The Call Center Representative is responsible for working with the domestic and international participants to book and finalize air travel to/from program destination. Work is performed in a team structure, assisting travelers on designated international and domestic educational programs. Call Center Air Representative becomes the travel advocate/consultant, assisting our participants with their complete travel arrangements in conjunction with their respective programs. The Call Center Air Representative will collaborate with participants to secure any additional travel required before or after programs. This position requires creativity, flexibility, superior customer service skills, and passion for learning about Road Scholar destinations and programs.
- This position is set to start January 27, 2020
- The hourly rate of pay is $19.30
- Sell a variety of travel options including domestic air, international contract air, internet air and pre/post program opportunities through a practical working knowledge of airline routings, policies and fare options, knowledge of auxiliary products and desire/ability to sell products to participants
- Research, track and manage data on Amadeus reservation system
- Act as advisor and advocate for participants, ensuring their personal travel air schedule matches/meets program guidelines
- Add value to all participants by offering superb and high quality travel consultation and service
- Administrative follow up functions to support team; assisting with daily inbound/outbound participant calls if/when necessary, booking passenger arrangements in GDS, queue management and quality review
- Serve as Emergency Duty Officer on a rotational basis
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, and 2 years+ exp. with AIR TRAVEL
- Strong working knowledge of reservations systems- Amadeus experience ideal! Sabre a plus
- Ability to generate sales effectively
- Superior customer service and interpersonal skills
- Strong team contributor; ability and willingness to work hard to achieve team objectives
- Highly organized, high-energy, multi-tasker, and self-motivated -with highest standards for customer service, accuracy and efficiency
- Solid written and oral communication skills
- Training will be 6-8 weeks, hours of training are 9:00 am- 6:00 pm. Once training is complete, hours of operation are 10:00 am-7:00 pm.
The Leader in Educational Travel for Adults since 1975.
Make Learning and Adventure Your Career
It takes talent to be the world's best not-for-profit educational organization for adults. When it comes to creating educational travel adventures that enrich the lives and fulfill the dreams of adults, there's no organization better than Road Scholar. What's our secret? Dedicated and talented staff who believe in our mission.
Our headquarters is in Boston and we have offices throughout the United States, in the United Kingdom and Australia. We are always on the lookout for people who are excited by, enthusiastic for and believe in the power of our mission.
We offer competitive compensation and excellent benefits…
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- 3 weeks PTO
- $1,000 program credit toward one Road Scholar learning adventure per year
- $5,000 tuition reimbursement per year
- Retirement Plan with a company match up to 5%
- Casual work environment - jeans every day!
- And more… Check out our Careers webpage at www.roadscholar.org/about/careers for more details.
ROAD SCHOLAR SUPPORTS DIVERSITY IN OUR STAFF, PARTICIPANTS AND PROGRAMS.