To recruit qualified drivers who meet or exceed Marten Transport, Ltd. hiring cirteria, in order to maintain
maximum equipment staffing levels.
1. To recruit qualified driver, independent contractors, fleet owner, and driver trainees
2. Interview driver applicants inquires over the phone
and/or Internet for avaliable positions
3. Make sales presentation about Marten Transport, in regard to benefits, pay, equipment, ect. to applicants
4. Track applicant through entire application process, including DAC, motor vehicle record, and reference checking
5. Process and verify histories by calling, faxing, and writing to employment reference
6. Make hiring decision using hiring criteria to determine qualifications and suitability for employment as a Marten Driver
7. Notify approved applicants of orientation day schedule
and administer travel arrangements for newly hired dirvers.
8. Promote driver referral program and other recruiting programs
9. Report to Recruiting Supervisor on issues and problems as needed
10. Occasional travel required to recruiting functions
11. Other duties as assigned
Interact with existing drivers and potential drivers on a daily basis, Marten Management and driver training schools
Strong verbal and written communication skills, above
average cognitive judgement skills, strong interpersonal skills and computer skills in Word, Excel, and E-mail.
Sitting for long periods of time, manual dexterity, light lifting, stooping, bending, listening, and speaking ability.
Associates degree or three years applicable experience in
the transportation industry or sales.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.