Integrated Solutions Management (ISM) is seeking a Junior Business Analyst to join our D.C. based project team. The Analyst will provide administrative and project support to IRS team members. This is a great opportunity to learn IT systems, process improvement and project management in a Federal agency setting.
(Note: This is a W2 position. U.S. Citizenship or appropriate work authorization required.) Federal “Moderate Risk Background Investigation” (MBI) is required. This is a great opportunity to learn IT systems, process improvement and project management in a Federal agency setting.
ISM is an IT performance company for global 2000 companies & government entities providing organizational change and transformation through our ITSM and Project Portfolio delivery framework. We have built a reputation of trust, excellence, and experience, by creating world class IT strategies for highly complex and secure institutions.
Location: Washington, D.C.
Active Clearance Required: Federal MBI
Responsibilities and Duties:
In this position, the Junior Business Analyst will:
- Receive and review Work Requests to ensure accuracy
- Follow-up to redress inaccurate or incomplete Work Requests
- Recommend process improvements to the Work Request process and IT systems
- Document requirements for software enhancements, dashboards and reports
- Research solutions for changes and defects
- Document analysis results in the Requirements Specification
- Document reporting requirements and create report mock-ups
- Develop process flows
- Develop test plans, test scripts and conduct testing
- Lead User Acceptance testing
Develop training materials
- Develop and present project documents, briefing slides, critical path and status reports and metrics to Project Manager and client
- Facilitate the project meetings, schedule meetings, write up of action items and meeting notes and project artifacts to meet customer requirements.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Minimum of 5 years in IT Business Analyst roles
- 3 years experience with Portfolio and Project Management Software (Microfocus, HP, CA Clarity, Oracle Primavera, MS Project Server)
- Software Requirements formulation and analysis
- Test planning, script development and test execution
- Experience with large scale software implementations
- Strong analytical, organizational and administrative skills
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Project and Portfolio Management software experience desired
- Experience in an agile development environment desired
- Teamwork, Respect, Accountability, Integrity, Leadership
Work Environment and Physical Requirements
- This is primarily a sedentary position.
- Driving to client and company sites is required on a limited basis.
- Frequent talking and hearing is required to express and exchange ideas and convey detailed and important ideas to coworkers and customers.
- Close visual acuity is required to perform viewing a computer terminal for 8 or more hours a day.
ISM is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Diversity candidates are encouraged to apply.
Job Type: Full-time
- IT Business Analyst: 3 years (Required)
- IT Process Improvement: 2 years (Preferred)
- Project Portfolio Management software: 1 year (Preferred)
- Project Management: 3 years (Preferred)
- IRS MBI Clearance (Required)