EDUCATION: GED or High School Diploma required.
CERTIFICATE, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS: CSPDT or will take the exam after 2 years of experience required.
PRIMARY JOB DUTIES:
1. Adheres to Mary Lanning Healthcare's Mission, Vision and Values.
2. Adheres to Mary Lanning Healthcare's Standards of Behavior.
3. Performs other duties as assigned.
4. Selects case cart supplies for surgical patients
5. Provides patient care equipment as requested by staff
6. Utilizes Central Service Department policies and procedures for decontaminate, inspect, sterilize and store supplies and instruments.
7. Maintains accurate records to assure sterilization of instruments, supplies, and equipment.
8. Removes from services and reports defective or unsafe equipment immediately.
9. Participates in Quality Assurance activities in department and hospital wide as appropriate.
10. Adheres to the hospital's patient confidentiality policies.
11. Assists in the orientation of new personnel.
12. Attends and participates in departmental meetings / in-services, Mary Lanning Healthcare quality improvement program, etc.
13. Perform other duties as assigned.