The future is full of possibilities. At Banner Staffing Services, we’re excited about what the future holds for health care. Our team has come together with the common goal: Make health care easier, so life can be better. If you’re ready to change lives, we want to hear from you.
As the internal staffing (registry) provider for Banner Health, Banner Staffing Services (BSS) provides opportunities within one of the country’s leading health systems. The BSS team is dedicated to providing personal attention and professional support for its employees. Registry opportunities are a great way to market your skills within Banner Health. As a BSS employee, you are eligible to apply (at any time) as an internal applicant to any regular full-time or part-time opportunities within Banner Health.
In addition, registry employment through BSS offers:
Flexible Schedules (select positions)
Fewer Shifts Cancelled
403(b) Pre-tax retirement plan
Employee Assistance Program
Employee wellness program
Discount Entertainment tickets
Auto Purchase Plan
BSS Registry positions do not have guaranteed hours and no medical benefits package is offered. BSS requires: Completion of post-offer Occupational Health physical assessment, drug screen and background check (includes; employment, criminal and education).
About Banner Staffing Service AZ
Supporting Banner Health, Banner Staffing Services offers a world of opportunities to make an impact on one of the country's leading health systems. In addition, Staffing Services provides the best training in the business, so you can hit the ground running as you enjoy unequaled clinical variety, professional flexibility and lifestyle choices. We provide registry and travel assignments throughout the western United States. The registry allows you to create your own schedule by offering opportunities in a variety of hospital, home care and primary care settings. Banner Travel offers short-term assignments of three twelve-hour shifts per week. Our pay rates are highly competitive, and we offer training in the country's most advanced simulation center. You will also enjoy the stability only an organization as large and successful as Banner Health can offer.
About Banner Health
Banner Health is one of the largest, nonprofit health care systems in the country and the leading nonprofit provider of hospital services in all the communities we serve. Throughout our network of hospitals, primary care health centers, research centers, labs, physician practices and more, our skilled and compassionate professionals use the latest technology to make health care easier, so life can be better. The many locations, career opportunities, and benefits offered at Banner Health help to make the Banner Journey unique and fulfilling for every employee.
This position is responsible for scheduling surgical, cardiovascular or obstetrical procedures using a computerized scheduling system. The position is also responsible for entering patient charges, orders, and other pertinent information into the system and compiling and reporting statistical information to management. The incumbent may act as an office liaison for department staff, physicians, and patient families.
- Coordinates case times for elective, urgent or emergent surgeries, cardiovascular or obstetrical procedures in a computerized scheduling system. Verifies and reviews physician privilege status prior to scheduling. Interfaces with medical staff office to maintain log of current privilege status and maintains confidentially of all information. May acquire and maintain physician preference information and staff roster.
- Acquires authorization numbers, History and Physicals, results of laboratory tests and verifies that they are current. Orders previous medical records for the day of the procedure, when necessary.
- Types and prints physician orders for multiple physicians and departments. Schedules and maintains physician block time, and block time releases.
- Enters physicians orders for lab, blood bank, medical imaging, and cardiology. Enters results of diagnostic tests, patient registration information and patient charges. Compiles data and prepares statistical reports for management.
- Conducts charge management audits for assigned area. Reconciles charge packet information with the audit. Identifies missed or incorrect charges and corrects when appropriate.
- Acts as a receptionist to assigned unit; answers phones, relays message. Greets and directs patients, visitors, physicians, and families and answers questions about policies and procedures. Acts as a liaison among nursing units, physician and staff to relay patient data. Screens requests for patient information and refers to appropriate staff. Records and types minutes of staff meetings, when required. Prepares and distributes staff call roster each month.
- Enters facility work orders and supply orders when required by assigned department. Requests repairs/maintenance for business machines in the department. Arranges for pickup and delivery of instruments and equipment and completes all necessary paperwork.
High school diploma/GED or equivalent working knowledge.
Requires skills and abilities typically attained with 2 years of medical clerical experience; preferably in a hospital central scheduling or physician office scheduling setting. Knowledge of medical terminology is required. Also requires knowledge of payor contract terms and processes. Must possess excellent organizational skills, as well as effective human relations and communication skills. Requires effective teamworking skills and the ability to meet deadlines and productivity standards.
The position requires knowledge of word processing and spreadsheet software and the ability to use computerized scheduling systems. Must possess the ability to maintain accurate statistical records, gather data, and produce reports.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.