Valvoline Instant Oil Change is seeking motivated Area Managers (District Manager, Regional Manager, Multi-Unit Leaders) that are hands on, “lead from the front” individuals. Successful leaders in this role deliver top financial performance by growing customer counts via retention of existing guests and attracting new ones. They are customer service fanatics and people developers, always looking to coach. This is accomplished through the precise execution of an established Valvoline Instant Oil Change management system (SuperPro10).
The ideal candidate has three to five years of multi-unit management experience in a fast paced retail, restaurant or other service environment driving P&L performance, hiring, developing and leading direct reports while passionately serving guests. Candidates with Military experience leading people as NCOs and officers are also encouraged to apply.
- Positively communicate and demonstrate the company’s Core Values by developing trust and respect among peers and staff, building strong teams and partnerships and driving results.
- Promote a high performance culture by setting clear expectations, holding employees accountable, facilitating a productive work environment, and setting goals that focus the company on key drivers that impact success.
- Overall management to achieve car count and sales growth while supporting the development of a FAST and FRIENDLY guest service culture in the stores.
- Recruit, hire and retain the most qualified managers and store team members to meet the companies’ needs.
- Develop Store Managers by evaluating and providing everyday feedback, seizing all coaching and training opportunities to drive sales and achieve key performance indicators while managing expenses to increase profitability, and facilitating a team environment to meet company objectives.
- Ensure bench planning tools are fully executed and key holder roles are filled with top performing team members.
- Review operational reports and records to ensure adherence to Company policies and procedures, monitor store profitability, manage payroll budgets, and develop long range goals and objectives.
Skills and Competencies
- Must possess strong analytical skills to assess data, facts, and figures used to develop strategies designed to improve the business and see hidden problems.
- Must possess strong leadership and coaching skills, and the ability to capitalize on and apply these skills, resulting in the growth and development of employees at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to define business opportunities and problems, collect, interpret and analyze abstract and concrete information, and create strategic, value-add solutions.
- Ability to adjust priorities and manage time wisely in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to perform store visits by committing to and adopting established coaching logs, audits and other franchisor tools in place.
- Bachelors in Business, Retail Management or related field.
- 3 to 5 years retail regional/district management experience or related military experience.
- Must have previous experience directing multi-million dollar sales volumes in a multi-site environment, with proven success in maximizing sales, gross margin, customer counts and profit.
- Extensive experience in retail operations, people management in a multi-unit environment.
- Travel required – to all stores or demographic markets within the assigned territory.
- Our ideal candidates will be self-motivated, team players, who have the desire to succeed.
Valvoline invented motor oil over 150 years ago and we have cars down to a science. Just bring your leadership and people skills and we will teach you what you need to know and make you experts in executing SuperPro10. All of our key leaders started out in stores. We also offer great hours, off many Saturdays and most Sundays, paid holidays off, 401K, medical, dental, vision, bonus opportunities and a fun work environment.
Ivy Lane Corporation is one of the largest and fastest growing franchises for Valvoline Instant Oil Change. We are actively investing in our acquired stores with reimaging, equipment, paint and most importantly the creation of opportunities for our people.
Job Type: Full-time
- Multi Unit Retail Management: 3 years