Teph Seal Auto Appearance, a privately-held company, operates detail/reconditioning centers in auto dealerships across the United States. Our strong team of dedicated professionals is our most powerful asset, allowing us to develop dynamic detail solutions for a wide variety of auto dealerships. Our culture of challenging the status quo makes each employee a key contributor to our success and a vital part of our thriving entrepreneurial-minded company culture.
- The detailer will use their manual dexterity and bodily coordination to perform an array of tasks, including washing the exterior of vehicles using various cleaning solutions
- Wax and buff vehicles using cloths and buffing machines
- Vacuum interior of automobiles to remove dirt and debris
- Clean upholstery and surfaces, use air compressors and cloths to dry surfaces and apply preservation chemicals to surfaces for protection against spots and stains
- May be required to use different types of dyes, paints and waxes to protect the leather or fabric of vehicles
- May also be required to clean and remove grease on engines or engine compartments
- Must be flexible and willing able to carry out additional duties as assigned by management due to operational needs
- This physically demanding position requires frequent movement; i.e. bending, lifting, reaching, squatting, and getting into and out of various vehicles repeatedly during the work shift
- May require completion of work outdoors and under varying climate conditions
- Will work with and move numerous vehicles during the course of the working day
- Use of safe and OSHA approved waxes and cleaners such as, window cleaner, tar remover, tire shine, etc
- Frequent and continuous flexing of spine, hands, wrists and fingers
- Occasional pushing, pulling, lifting, or carrying of up to 50 lbs
- Constantly receiving detailed information through oral communication
- Clarity of vision and hearing
- Ability to distinguish small imperfections in your work, such as, streaks left on windows, smudges on windows or painted surfaces, areas of missed vacuuming, etc
- Ability to quality inspect your work as well as that of other team members
- Work with a sense of urgency that demonstrates the value we place on our customers' time.
- Strict adherence to our uniform and grooming standards
Compensation: Piecework; average hourly rate from $12.00 and up based on your performance
The ideal candidate will have
- 1 or more years of detailing experience but willing to train
- A valid driver's license and a good driving record
- Ability to learn quickly
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to understand and carry out oral and written instructions
- Desire to treat each customer’s personal vehicle with great care and respect
- The willingness to come to work on time and stay on task when on the clock
- The ability to drive both automatic and manual shift vehicles
- The availability to work Saturday or Sunday and holidays as deemed necessary to meet production needs
- Commitment to report to work on time and stay on task during shift
- Must be able to pass a background and drug screening
- Must have a valid Drivers License
- Must be eligible to work in the US
Teph Seal is a Drug-Free Workplace. All employment is contingent on successful completion of drug and background screening.
We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package and all the tools necessary to be successful.
Our offerings include:
- Medical, Dental, Vision Plans
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with company match.
We provide a collaborative workplace with growth opportunities for career minded individuals.
To apply directly online follow the instructions below
- Go to https:/careers-tephseal.icims.com
- Input the following store number "780190" and select the position you would like to apply for
- Once completed and submitted please be sure to contact our HR Recruiter
For more information you can contact Alison at (571) 390-6465. Mon-Fri 9am-5pm or text other times. When you apply by text, please include your first name, last name and the location you are applying for.
Job Type: Full-time
- Auto Detailing: 1 year (Preferred)
- Frederick, MD (Preferred)
- Driver's License (Required)