Posting Number Stu00421
Site Location Swainsboro
Full or Part Time Student
Regular or Temporary Employment Student
Type of Student Position Student Assistant
Number of Months Fall Semester 2019
Monday through Thursday 7:30AM – 7:00PM
Friday 7:30AM – 5:00PM
Up to 19 hours per week.
Position End Date (if temporary)
Position Title Library Student Worker (Student Assistant)
Position Number 10049268
Job Description Summary
Assist with circulation desk, stacks maintenance, and library operations.
Answer basic informational, directional, and library policy questions; help patrons locate materials in the stacks; provide basic copy machine and printing assistance.
- Staff the circulation desk. Common duties include assisting faculty, staff, students, and community borrowers with informational and directional queries and checking in and out books, periodicals, reserve items, and other library materials.
- Sort books for shelving
- Shelve library materials
- Assist with document delivery scanning and processing interlibrary loan and GIL Express requests
- Record and tally library usage statistics and exit gate readings
- Open and/or close the library
- Help cover books with book jacket covers and other book/magazine processing duties
- Assist with delivering books to faculty department offices
- Check the mail and book drop
- Assist with special projects as needed
- All other duties as assigned
Knowledge Required by the Position
1. be service-oriented
2. exhibit a high level of responsibility and skill while handling rare and valuable materials located in the library
3. exhibit an attention to detail and follow complex instructions and procedures without direct supervision
4. be hardworking, reliable, and comfortable with a fast-paced environment and technology
5. possess technology skills required to assist patrons and complete various projects within the department
6. successfully complete EGSC Human Resources training and EGSC library trainings
Library Associate supervises and reviews work to ensure compliance with procedures, accuracy, and the quality of the final result.
Student employees are required to adhere to all Library, BOR, and EGSC policies and procedures. Student must abide by a confidentiality agreement; provide adequate and accurate information or assistance to patrons; and monitor email for communication regarding library events, resource sharing, and library news.
Complexity/Scope of Work
The work consists of clerical and customer service duties and special projects as assigned. The purpose of this position is to provide support for the EGSC Library and to contribute to the efficiency and effectiveness of EGSC Library services.
Contacts are typically with co-workers, other college personnel, students, and members of the general public.
Contacts are typically to provide services, to give or exchange information, or to resolve problems.
The work is typically performed while sitting at a desk or while intermittently sitting, standing, walking, bending, crouching, or stooping. The employee occasionally lifts objects up to approximately 20 pounds and pushes loaded book carts. The work is typically performed in the EGSC Library and on the EGSC campus.
Students are required to have functioning sensory abilities, (vision, hearing, touch, smell). These physical abilities are necessary for the student worker to meet the requirements of the position. Reasonable accommodations can be made.
Supervisory and Management Responsibility
Must be a student of EGSC enrolled for at least six credit hours.
Student must be service-oriented.
Student must be in good academic standing.
At least 10 credit hours completed at an academic college or university, including ENGL 1101, preferred. Must have and maintain a 2.5 GPA.
Posting Detail Information
Individuals who need reasonable accommodation in order to participate in the application process should contact the Office of Human Resources at 478-289-2035. Deaf and Hard of Hearing callers may access our campus phone numbers by utilizing your state relay service (such as the Georgia Relay Service) or by utilizing Video Remote Services. East Georgia State College is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity and Tobacco-free Institution, Federal law requires ID and employment eligibility verification prior to employment. Georgia is an Open Records state. East Georgia State College (EGSC) is an associate and baccalaureate degree granting, residential, liberal arts state college of the University System of Georgia, providing its students access to both academically transferable programs of study, collaborative programs in occupation-related fields, and targeted baccalaureate level degrees. East Georgia State College is accredited by the University System of Georgia, providing its students access to academically transferable programs of study, collaborative programs in occupation-related fields, and targeted baccalaureate level degrees. East Georgia State College is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to award associate and baccalaureate degrees. Contact the Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097 or call 404-679-4500 for questions about the accreditation of East Georgia State College.
Complete College Georgia
Open Date 08/13/2019
Open Until Filled Yes