WeDriveU is the leader in transportation solutions, specializing in Corporate and University Shuttles for 5,500,000 annual passengers. Recognized as a pioneer in mobility, WeDriveU is a strategic partner to the world’s top brands, with client programs that consistently earn awards for excellence in commuting and sustainability. WeDriveU operates across the U.S and is proud to celebrate 30 years serving clients. Learn more at www.wedriveu.com.
The Benefits and Compensation Manager will manage Compensation and Benefits Administration for WeDriveU employees and managers in all locations across the United States. This includes managing the process of analyzing, designing, and administering employee benefit programs by aligning with and supporting union representatives to ensure appropriate benefits selection process is managed and administered per all collective bargaining agreements for union employees. In addition, this person will manage the company’s leave administration adhering to local, state, and federal leave ordinances and the Total Compensation strategy, planning, administration and programming for WeDriveU employees.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manages day to day employee issues on site and partners with the legal department as needed/required in research and application of employee laws with specific focus on wage and hour compliance.
- Maintains in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance.
- Work with Shop Stewards, Union Business Agents and management team to ensure compliance in accordance with company policy and the collective bargaining agreements with the union.
- Manages and resolves complex employee relations issues, conducts effective, thorough and objective investigations ensuring compliance with WeDriveU and local laws.
- Ensures proper documentation and follow through are completed in a timely manner with solid communication of results to both employees and managers.
- Participates in leading training initiatives focused on leadership development such as performance management, attendance tracking and appropriate applications of the laws and agreed upon contracts for union and non-union employees
- Partners with field management to provide HR Guidance and serve as an internal business consultant to help interpret all company policies, procedures, performance management, and compliance initiatives as a trusted and confidential resource.
- Provides guidance to leadership team on all Compensation and Benefits related programs in support of associate engagement, competitive hiring and retention priorities in addition to coaching, counseling, career development and guidance on disciplinary actions
- Oversee state and federal compliance as it relates to salary equity, salary survey benchmarking process, creating consistency for bonus guidelines, application of compensation packages to support pay for performance and creates competitive framework for total compensation packages
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration with a Major in Human Resources Management, Organizational Leadership or equivalent years of experience in Human Resources
- 5+ years’ experience managing and resolving complex employee relations issues, implementing HR policies, strategic initiatives and programs and process.
- 4 years minimum experience managing others or project teams.
- Must have strong working knowledge of all applicable Human Resources laws and policies at federal and appropriate state level.
- Must have working knowledge of multiple HR disciplines, including, but not limited to: organizational diagnosis, employee and labor relations, diversity and performance management.
- Must have excellent knowledge of wage and hour laws and have strong working knowledge of union collective bargaining agreements in addition to experience in coaching and counseling.
- Demonstrated ability to navigate the complexities of California state and federal employment and wage laws with a track record of success.
- Union experience strongly preferred.
- Masters in Human Resources Management/MBA, SPHR/PHR, SHRM Certification strongly preferred.
Job Type: Full-time
- CA wage and hour law: 5 years
- Union: 5 years
- Compensation Management: 5 years
- Benefits Administration: 5 years
Required work authorization: