Oversee and participate in cost teams who perform independent cost engineering and cost analysis of DoD programs by translating technical requirements into cost information. Assist with identifying and collecting cost data, preparing Work Breakdown Structures, including analyzing cost reporting plans and reviewing cost reports, normalizing data, performing statistical regression analysis, learning curve analysis, and other analyses, estimating the costs of software development and maintenance, modeling in Excel using dynamic formulas, including complex conditional statements and database lookup commands, assessing, quantifying, and incorporating cost uncertainty through Monte Carlo discrete event simulation. Assist with documenting and presenting results, communicating with stakeholders, and participating in various program meetings. Use analyses to support successful program acquisition milestone reviews, including support contract negotiations and program budget submittals. Perform should cost initiatives to improve program efficiency, and evaluate the costs of multiple future program options. This position is located in Washington, DC.
- Experience with Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Experience with data collection and analysis
- Experience with DoD acquisition and support for major milestones
- Experience with statistical regression analysis and probabilities
- Experience with discrete event simulation, including Monte Carlo simulation
- Ability to multi-task and work under minimal supervision
- Ability to obtain a security clearance
- Scheduled to obtain a Masters degree in the Fall of 2019
- Experience with manufacturing process flow
- Experience with supply chain management and logistics
- Possession of excellent oral and written communication skills
- Possession of excellent collaboration skills
- Possession of excellent leadership and teamwork skills
- Secret clearance
- Masters degree in Engineering, Operations Research, Mathematics, Economics, or related field
- International Cost Estimating and Analysis Association (ICEAA) Certified Cost Estimator/Analyst (CCEA) a plus
Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
We’re an EOE that empowers our people—no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other protected characteristic—to fearlessly drive change.