At DHL, people mean the world to us. That’s why our goal has always been to attract and retain the best talent across the globe. We provide challenge and opportunity for personal and professional development. We recognize the difference you bring to our business and together we share the pride of building one of the world’s largest leaders in logistics and supply chain solutions. Our purpose as the Logistics Company for the World is to connect people, improving their lives. We are made up of a cohesive family of business divisions whose people work collaboratively, passionately and with a can-do attitude to consistently focus on our customers’ needs. We don’t just deliver parcels and packages - We also deliver prosperity, we transport health, we power growth and we deliver joy.
DHL is offering one exceptional candidate the chance to join the Tax Compliance and Accounting Group as a Sr. Tax Analyst. This exciting position is in Plantation, FL. The primary purpose of this role is to prepare and review U.S. sales/use, gross receipts, and personal property tax returns for the US DHL business units. This role also includes any business license compliance requirements for applicable entity locations. The Senior Tax Analyst will work closely with all appropriate stakeholders to handle non-income/operating taxes for their respective entities. The Sr. Tax Analyst will also be responsible for supporting the Tax Supervisor and Sr. Tax Manager to achieve team goals and responsibilities. Additional experience and qualifications include:
- Prepare, review and submit state and local sales/use tax returns to ensure accurate and timely compliance. This includes the review of self-assessed sales tax, determining which assessments are inappropriate and initiating correcting accounting entries.
- Assist with property tax compliance including preparing property tax work papers and processing payments.
- Preparation and review of monthly tax account reconciliations.
- Research complex tax issues as needed.
- Work closely with the audit and planning team to assist in their information gathering and to ensure audit findings are properly incorporated in future compliance filings.
- Work closely with internal and external consultants
- Resolution of tax notices.
- Perform research and ad hoc reporting for the management team.
- Identify and implement process improvements
- Assist with tax department process and procedure documentation
- Maintain the indirect tax compliance calendar
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting. Advanced Degree preferred, but not required
- 5+ years of tax experience or combined tax and accounting
- Tax experience within a large tax department of a major corporation with practical hands-on experience and/or public accounting experience is a plus
- Demonstrate knowledge of federal, state, provincial and local sales and use tax laws, regulations, and reporting requirements
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office especially Excel and Word
- Familiarity with Vertex, OneSource, Oracle and SAP a plus
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task and adhere to tight deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal/written communication skills