A Redi Carpet Sr. Support Specialist is an integral part of the information technology department. The Sr. Support Specialists’ responsibility to support the technological infrastructure of our business via reactive escalated incidents and requests, and proactive projects and maintenance. It is important for all technical support personnel to recognize that their customers are the employees at all levels of the organization.
Responsibilities (including, but not limited to the following)
- Provide advanced/escalated desk side and helpdesk support to local and remote users
- Providing tier-2+ level fault analysis to Redi Carpet's various core operating systems and platforms, as well be able provide support and apply desktop fault resolution for the approved application suite
- Support LANs, WANs, network segments, Internet, and intranet systems.
- Monitor networks to ensure security and availability to specific users.
- Administer servers, desktop computers, printers, routers, switches, firewalls, phones, personal digital assistants, smartphones, software deployment, security updates and patches.
- Responsible for coordination with other service teams for incident resolution and request provisioning
- Generate and follow Standard Operating Procedures, Knowledge Base Articles, and Configuration Documentation
- Manage, own, and complete projects throughout their lifecycle
Important Goals and Deadlines
- Maintain a 90% CSAT average and a 95% case first response and resolution SLA averages
- Proactively continue technical growth by passing a minimum of one role-related technical certification annually
- Diligently contribute towards the departmental goal of 99.999% update for all critical business applications and infrastructure
- Desire to learn and grow in role, a passion for IT and technology (think geek)
- At least 3+ years of solid experience IT desktop/helpdesk support experience, and 1+ year of Jr. System Administration is required
- Strong Microsoft Windows Server O\S experience
- Strong understanding of the fundamentals of networking
- Experience with server backup technologies (Veeam, Microsoft Server Backup, Azure Backup and Recovery)
- Experience with network monitoring tools (PRTG, Nagios, Kaseya, SNMP)
- Linux/Unix experience and Cloud technology experience desirable (IaaS - Azure, AWS, hybrid)
- Experience providing remote fault analysis, via verbal communication and IT remote control tools
- Ability to configure and deploy servers, systems, and applications in accordance with the agreed standard configuration
- Capable of conducting tests of the hardware and/or software affected using supplier test procedures and diagnostic tools. Corrects malfunctions. Documents results in accordance with agreed procedures
- Strong demonstrable troubleshooting ability (blackbelt in Google-fu required ;)
- Excellent communications skills, superb organization and time management abilities, and a team first mentality
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $45,000.00 to $60,000.00 /year
- Jr. System Administration: 1 year (Required)
- IT desktop/helpdesk support: 3 years (Preferred)