The Sales and Use Tax Consultant ("Consultant") works with a team to identify tax savings opportunities for clients and to gain an understanding of how the client computes each component of the sales and use tax. This includes researching issues, reconciling databases, and completing detailed calculations. The taxing authority verifies the issues, and the Consultant assists the team with this process.
Duties And Responsibilities
- Responds to client inquiries and requests from tax authorities.
- Travels to client locations to gather and copy tax returns, invoices, purchase orders, and other documentation to use in the audit refund process.
- Review documentation and researches issues.
- Works with raw data to complete calculations.
- Drafts filings, such as petitions for redetermination, refund claims, and various other administrative replies. * Performs other duties as assigned.
- Education And Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance (with minimum 12 accounting hours with GPA of 3.0 or higher)
- Strong academic credentials (minimum Overall 2.8+ GPA)
- Relevant work experience preferred (e.g. internships, summer positions, school jobs) OR
- Bachelor's degree and one to three years of audit or tax-related experience.
- Desire to perform in a high-energy team environment
- Demonstrated leadership, problem-solving, and strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to prioritize tasks, work on multiple assignments, and manage ambiguity
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team with professionals at all levels Computer Skills To perform this job successfully, an individual must have intermediate knowledge of Microsoft® Word, Access, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Internet navigation and research.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Pay: $60,000.00 - $90,000.00 per year
- Sales Tax: 2 years (Required)
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented -- quality and precision-focused
- Outcome-oriented -- results-focused with strong performance culture
- Team-oriented -- cooperative and collaborative